Sniper Course.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bosco
    That I know I am one of my BN snipers acording to the roster sheet.
    So if you pass the course you stay on the strength as a sniper. If not then successful candidates fill those slots.

Similarly RDF pers will have to qualify on the HMG, the Javelin (when we get them), as Recce and Assault Pioneer pln members. You're all going to be busy little troopers in the next few months
    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
      So if you pass the course you stay on the strength as a sniper. If not then successful candidates fill those slots.

Similarly RDF pers will have to qualify on the HMG, the Javelin (when we get them), as Recce and Assault Pioneer pln members. You're all going to be busy little troopers in the next few months
      Very unlikely. While we are all very busy, we are not doing the things we are supposed to be doing. From the looks of it (lack of course, resources etc.), the re-training of personnel to fill these roles will take years.

Comment

Will this only be for inf or will it apply to aty & cav too as part of the advanced 3* course? With javelin rounds being so expensive do you think RDF will ever use them? I really doubt it. I know this is a little off the point.
        The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
        They were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MOB87
          Will this only be for inf or will it apply to aty & cav too as part of the advanced 3* course? With javelin rounds being so expensive do you think RDF will ever use them? I really doubt it. I know this is a little off the point.
          There are no snipers, javelin antitank detachments or HMG platoons in Artillery Regiments, so none will be trained.

Comment

Didn't HQ Bty do some training on the 84mm recoilless rifle recently?
            They were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
              There are no snipers, javelin antitank detachments or HMG platoons in Artillery Regiments, so none will be trained.
              RDF AD are trained on HMG by our Curragh cousins.
              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by concussion
                RDF AD are trained on HMG by our Curragh cousins.
                Apologies, I was referring to Field Artillery Regiments, not AD Btys

Comment

Yeah, I was just being picky.
                  "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                    One of the best snipers in the DF is in 2nd FAR. And there are a couple of A/Tk detachments in an Arty unit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
                      Very unlikely. While we are all very busy, we are not doing the things we are supposed to be doing. From the looks of it (lack of course, resources etc.), the re-training of personnel to fill these roles will take years.
                      Rome wasn't built in a day but the rumour mill has it that RDF personnel will be on Sniper, Mortar and HMG courses this year in S Bde.
                      sigpic

Comment

You will almost certainly never fire a live round, but you can still be trained on it. That's what simulators are for. I doubt the PDF will be firing many live rounds either.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

One of the best snipers in the DF is in 2nd FAR. And there are a couple of A/Tk detachments in an Arty unit.
                          I intentionally said "javelin antitank detachments" for that very reason

Comment

That makes sense... so we all know that top brass will prob never have thought about it. FMolloy's point about javelin simulators would be a good idea but we dont even get to use them for styer marksmanship so i dbout that the PDF will make them available for A/Tk training either.
                            They were wrong.

Comment

What is this "Styer" of which you all speak?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

That makes sense... so we all know that top brass will prob never have thought about it. FMolloy's point about javelin simulators would be a good idea but we dont even get to use them for styer marksmanship so i dbout that the PDF will make them available for A/Tk training either.
                                My point was that you don't need to fire the Javelin to be trained on it, this will be the case for everybody. Missiles are expensive, you don't fire them unless you have to.

It's not about the PDF not letting the baggers play with their toys, which seems to be a bit of a sticking point with you.
                                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
                                X