Sniper Course.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Course.

Has anyone any info on the sniper course?

...any info on the sniper course?
    The basic sniper course is run for students from combat and combat support units, and has just been extended to include a preliminary block, which has seen the pass rate jump from approx 5% to approx 25%, depending on the individual course. The students are practised in all the basic sniper skills, after which they have to pass a test in each one, known as badge tests. If a student fails a test, he/she can join in the next course for when that test is run again. If he/she fails any element of the course, or a number of tests, then he/she must repeat the whole course.

Comment

If you can get your hands on an April 2004 issue of An Cosantoir theres an article in it on the last Sniper course run.

Comment

A certain Russian sniper course last 2 years!

Now wet yourself over that.
        As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

i wonder will the sniper course will ever be open to the Reserve?:confused:

Comment

i wonder will the sniper course will ever be open to the Reserve?

It will if all the guff they gave out about integration comes about.
            sigpic
            Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
            My favourite moment was when the
            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

I would be happy if they sent more of us on Driving courses...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

But isn't a sniper a very intensive type of soldiering, that you really have to be full time for?

Comment

But isn't a sniper a very intensive type of soldiering, that you really have to be full time for?

So we'll produce 2,600 snipers in the first year.:D It won't be like those cushy, laid back, non-intensive pot NCO courses, Standard courses, etc.
                  sigpic
                  Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                  red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

There are courses that might be better suited to the reserve than PDF. Sniping is something that you can naturally be very good at. If you have a good shot, patient, etc... Just because your in the army full time, it doesnt necessarily mean you will make it to be a sniper.

Granted, there should be way more driver courses available for the RDF.

Comment

andy,

you could be the best shot in the world and fail the sniper course everytime, being a good shot is only one facit of a sniper and only a small part of the course believe it or not,

keep safe.

Comment

That said, jpb, it is true to say that some people are naturally suited to becoming snipers. It is a course that lots of PDF soldiers fail, and being a full or part time soldier can have little bearing on your aptitude to sniping.

Comment

The skill,like that of a deerhunter is not in the kill,but in the stalking of the prey.

That said,a pretty high standard of military skills would be required too.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I cant believe that the reserves do not have a snipers course... the TA do.

Comment

The TA has always run that course for infantry units and others.

Comment

Working...
                              X