This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARW Discussion

How did they extract the pilots acfte fast roping in? How many ARW were involved (4?)

but isn't it an "unusual" skill for the ARW to practice, how many Air corp helo's are going to get shot down in action?:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter (again)
      but isn't it an "unusual" skill for the ARW to practice, how many Air corp helo's are going to get shot down in action?:confused:
      Given that we are moving towards PFP and ERRF type commitments, and of those comitments i think the ARW are explictly mentioned, it may not be an Irish aircraft crew they go in after could be any nation involved. Also it may not be any aircraft crew might be regular troops or another SF team with casualties.

Anyway anyone want to expand on the extraction after they incerted from the helios?

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter (again)
        USAF PJ csar team's usually work in 4 man blocks
        Most SF teams work in 4 man blocks including the ARW. Just wondering how may they deployed to the grounf and if they kept guys in the choppers?

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzle
          Most SF teams work in 4 man blocks including the ARW. Just wondering how may they deployed to the grounf and if they kept guys in the choppers?
          Oh I know, I was just saying that the guy's who's main job is aircrew rescue found the 4 man unit the best for the job, that's all

Comment

Six man teams,not four.

Comment

Originally posted by barry sheehan
              Six man teams,not four.
              Thats great, now do you want to expand on that a bit?

6 man SF teams, 6 man rescue teams, 6 man ARW teams, or do you just want 6 men?

Comment

I've moved this portion of the 'Family Day' thread from the AC section to Army as it's not relevant to discussions there.
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzle
                  Thats great, now do you want to expand on that a bit?

6 man SF teams, 6 man rescue teams, 6 man ARW teams, or do you just want 6 men?
                  He mean's that the tried and true "SAS" formula 4 man team's has changed to the 6 man concept, although I did not know the ARW had also,

Comment

He mean's that the tried and true "SAS" formula 4 man team's has changed to the 6 man concept, although I did not know the ARW had also,

News to me too. Which it is supposed to be. But now the whole Goddamn world knows.
                    sigpic
                    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                    My favourite moment was when the
                    Originally posted by hedgehog
                    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Oh. maybe I should shut up:o

Comment

The four man team worked well during the second world war and borneo. Now because of the recent conflicts in Iraq and Afganistan the SAS changed to a six man team for greater weight of fire and more manpower in patrols.

Its a good idea and glad to see the ARW follow suit.
                        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Who's to say they followed suit? It's entirely possible that the ARW decided on 6 men per team themselves. Not everybody copies the SAS.
                          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

does this come under the forum's rules on Operational secuirity?

Comment

Unless you're a member of the ARW, or got the information officially etc., no.

Comment

Working...
                              X