No announcement yet.

RDF Sniper Course?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not on an RDF course, which has to be run at brigade level lest we die of reserveness.
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

i bloody give up ,

keep safe.

Comment

What sort of Sniping rifles do the Irish Forces use?
        Last edited by rod and serpent; 9 December 2004, 06:00.

Comment

Same type as british forces use
          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Accuracy International AI92(isnt that what they call it?) Dont the BA use the Parker Hale also?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Yep, Goldie, I think the 92 designation may be specific to the Irish DF, denoting the
              year of it's intro into service. I can't say I've seen the "92" designation used
              anywhere else, it's a 7.62 X 51mm calibre round in use with the Irish DF, that much I
              do know
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Don't they also have AI's in .338 Lapua Mag & .50 BMG calibers?
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

If I remember correctly the Swedish Army uses the AI AW model in .338 LM (and if I don't remember correctly, then they've it in 7.62 nato)

Comment

Irish Army uses the AW in 7.62 NATO, this is an upgrade version of the earlier L96 used by the British.

The .338Lapua model is called the AWM.

There's also a .50bmg version called the AW50.

Comment

Working...
                    X