ARP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARP's

Just wondering, what happems if somebody doesnt complete the ARP?

I think I can guess the answer but what should happen?
    Is it part of the TOET?
    Last edited by The Joker; 20 September 2004, 23:14.
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Do you mean fail to achieve the minimum standard? Then the answer is go back for further training, and fire again, and yes, they would have to pass their TOETs again.

Comment

Re: A.R.P

Originally posted by The Joker
      Just wondering, what happems if somebody doesnt complete the ARP?

I think I can guess the answer but what should happen?
      Is it part of the TOET?
      Joker, TOET (Test Of Elementary Training) is the tests undergone by
      the individual to qualify to fire a given weapon - some elements of these
      tests are pass/fail (anything to do with safety, for example)

Most units use ARP's as a pre-requisite for attending Annual Training,
      and having completed ARP (or APWT as it's now known) is required
      for Brigade courses, as a rule...

And as Parts says, the min. points required to pass ARP on a
      given weapon are laid down in the table for that ARP...
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Hey Truck Driver. What does APWT stand for?

Comment

Annual Personal Weapon's Test.

Regards etc

Comment

Thanks Joshua.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, I have seen it in writing but can't remember where, you have to complete your ARP / APWT before attending annual training.

There is no need to repeat TOETs, if someone fails ARPs, they are allowed to repeat on the day and if they fail that they SHOULD receive further training, thats from an official source.

Although the trusty pen is always handy in the butts.

Comment

Im not sure about the requirement to complete ARP/APWT prior to attending for annual training. I dont recall ever coming across it.

Where do you think you saw it R5 or TM623?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
                  To the best of my knowledge, I have seen it in writing but can't remember where, you have to complete your ARP / APWT before attending annual training.
                  That may be so Dev but I know plenty of people who attended annual training this year with a certain unit and didn't do ARP's or didn't even TOET!

Comment

The reason I ask about this is because with all first aid certs you MUST be retested a certain number of times a year, maybe every 3 months. Failure to do so results in you cert be made invalid.

Should a similar system be introducted into the reserve, where by if a 2 star is repeating his toet's on an annual basis, if they fail they exam they would no longer hold that rank?

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
                      The reason I ask about this is because with all first aid certs you MUST be retested a certain number of times a year, maybe every 3 months. Failure to do so results in you cert be made invalid.
                      Not really, it's more like once every three years, except for AED training...

Comment

Exactly, an AED is a potentially dangerous piece of equipment in the hands of someone not fully trained how to use it, like a styer.

Comment

For those of you who are not up on your medical knowlege. An AED is an Automatic External Defibrillator. The things that you use to give the heart an electric shock.

Comment

Would this apply to all ranks or just to privates joker? Should NCOs be tested on what they should know and dumped a rank if they fail, or officers too? I just dont see how this would work
                            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

TOET etc for privates. Then for NCO's have pln/sec tests.

Comment

Working...
                              X