No announcement yet.

A thought for all reservists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bouncing castle in Haulbowline a few weeks ago outside the Officers Wardroom went down a treat with everyone.
    As long as you realise the bouncing castle is for the kids,why should you care what the slackjawed sniggerers think?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
      As long as you realise the bouncing castle is for the kids
      Does that include the 17 year old recruits (or, in some places, Corporals)?

Comment

Well I suspect that the Naval officers made use of it that day..but I have no proof...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Queenie - not sure I get it - I've two questions

1. - Seeing how many of the PDF have kids - why would they be laughing about kids having fun in a bouncy castle?

2. Why do you care what they think? This is about the reserves family day - I wouldn't give a fiddlers about them - besides it will probably be on a Sat/Sun so most won't be there.

Also you have to have stuff for the kids - their attention span won't be held by military equipment for long.
          There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

i agree with irishrgr bringing your boss would show him/her why you need so much time off and could only convince them to give you the time off in the future and you wouldn'd have to bring your family or boss if you didnt want to
            The world steps aside to let any man pass if he knows where he is going

Comment

I think it's a great idea, i'd give the unit a chance to get to know each other better, i think a battalion level event would be great, maybe a bbq or party at some stage during the year.

There is always a good reason to have a bouncy castle - always!
              Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaddafi
                There is always a good reason to have a bouncy castle - always!
                "On the order Lig Amach, fall out, boots off, and into the bouncy castle. GASRA, LIG.....AMACH!"

It'd be a good idea alright, if only to prove that we actually do things, other than drink

Comment

Originally posted by sierra one
                  i agree with irishrgr bringing your boss would show him/her why you need so much time off and could only convince them to give you the time off in the future and you wouldn'd have to bring your family or boss if you didnt want to
                  eh, you'd invite your boss? thats really sad! its a FAMILY day out.... granted your dad/mom may be your boss, but then you wouldnt have trouble getting off work...
                  Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

we were talking about a family,friends and bosses day if their into the army kind of thing why not?
                    The world steps aside to let any man pass if he knows where he is going

Comment

your missing my point, any kind of action to get employers to see the need of dedication the adverage rdf person need to give must be done on a large scale, grant it gets your boss off the hook, but whats about the rest?
                      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Comment

If the government cared, legislation would have been enacted around 1980 to protect reservists employment.

All we need is for someone to come up a reason why having an effective and well equipped PDF & RDF is good for business. Which won't happen until there's a few munitions factories and weapons manufacturers around- consumables which can be consumed here, without the need for competiition or anything horrid like that to make your money.

At which time people will be positively NAGGED into joining the RDF to consume all those rounds to the benefit of the business.

Just as soon as hell freezes over.
                        Take these men and women for your example.
                        Like them, remember that posterity can only
                        be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                        possession of those who have the
                        courage to defend it.
                        Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                        If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
                          If the government cared, legislation would have been enacted around 1980 to protect reservists employment.
                          I highly doubt that it was top of there agenda back then, infact i do belive the general consensus was to had back power to the brits and apologise for the $hit state it was in!

Comment

i think they would be a great idea, when i was in the T.A. they had them , it was a great way for the friends and family to see whet you do and understand all about it. It was also a great way to get new people to join.

Comment

I think there needs to be more protection for us in the reserve. There was a fella from the TA who went to Iraq, came back and was sacked. The employment tribunal ruled in his favour, he won loads in compo.

In relation to family day, its kinda a good idea, but I wouldn't go along with it. I prefer to able to have copious amounts of alcohol with the lads w/out having to worry about my partner getting pissed off! (Which isn't hard to do!)

Comment

I'm all for it. Always goes down a treat with whoever you choose to bring!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X