Sraaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sraaw

What SRAAW does the Army use? Who makes it.

Bofors AT4, SRAAW is our designation.

Also used by among others
    US Army
    Sweden
    France
    and a few other little countries like that
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Does the DF use the 9mm tracer AT4 trainer as well? Cant remember the nomenclature but thats an apt discription at least.
      When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
      All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

can anyone confirm SRAAW = Short Range Anti Armour Weapon

Comment

Originally posted by ex pat 007
          Does the DF use the 9mm tracer AT4 trainer as well? Cant remember the nomenclature but thats an apt discription at least.
          There is a sub-calibre SRAAW, but don't know the calibre, and a "Blank" firing SRAAW for tactical Exs

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
            There is a sub-calibre SRAAW, but don't know the calibre, and a "Blank" firing SRAAW for tactical Exs
            They are one and the same, the AT4B. Capable of firing 9mm Trac and Backblast Simulators.

Comment

Originally posted by Parts
              They are one and the same, the AT4B. Capable of firing 9mm Trac and Backblast Simulators.
              Ok didn't know that one.

It would help if we (the Reserves) got regular SRAAW training.

Comment

Again it depends on the units relationship with its PDF sister unit and the RDF units Cadre.
                In one case a PDF Quarter was blocked from issuing out spent SRAAWs to an RDF unit by that Units Cadre staff on the basis that if one sub unit got them everyone would want them...in other words someone might have to work for a living.
                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

SRAAW training's a waste of time anyway, the instructions are printed on the side :D

Comment

it would be good to have a number of people passing toets on it every year anyway - nothing about points of aim, ranges, effect of rounds etc on the side, is there? an' it's good for guys t ohave to carry it along with everything else, give em the 'nam feeling they so crave

Comment

True, but I don't see why the DF makes such a song and dance about a wavin pipe that you throw away when you're finished with it.

Comment

maybe because you can burn your mate's face off if you fire it negligently, kill yourself if you use it incorrectly. training's a must for anyone that hasn't an 84 course done; safety and awareness. other than that i agree its easy peasy.

Comment

I heard there was a waiting list of about 4 years for doing toets on it. Because I knew a guy he put his name down for it when he got his 2 stars and he had been a corporal a year by the time he actually got to fire it.
                          ====================================
                          Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
                          ====================================

Comment

info about the US vesrsion
                            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman
                              maybe because you can burn your mate's face off if you fire it negligently, kill yourself if you use it incorrectly.
                              ...which is why there is a diagram of the backblast danger area printed on it. I am not disagreeing with the fact that you should be properly trained on the weapon before you use it (like any other firearm or explosive), but it appears to me that the DF have overkilled a simple bit of kit. Have you seen the size of the manual?

Comment

Working...
                              X