• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    gunmoney
    Corporal

• gunmoney
    replied
    The SRAAW we use is the swedish version
    Silght difference have a look here full info and some good pictures.

http://www.bellum.nu/armoury/wm/FFVat4.html

Also to quote
    "Again it depends on the units relationship with its PDF sister unit and the RDF units Cadre.
    In one case a PDF Quarter was blocked from issuing out spent SRAAWs to an RDF unit by that Units Cadre staff on the basis that if one sub unit got them everyone would want them...in other words someone might have to work for a living"

How about we do a poll on cadre staff?

Leave a comment:

• Parts
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by spiderman
    maybe because you can burn your mate's face off if you fire it negligently, kill yourself if you use it incorrectly.
    ...which is why there is a diagram of the backblast danger area printed on it. I am not disagreeing with the fact that you should be properly trained on the weapon before you use it (like any other firearm or explosive), but it appears to me that the DF have overkilled a simple bit of kit. Have you seen the size of the manual?

Leave a comment:

• greyfox
    the gunney

• greyfox
    replied
    info about the US vesrsion
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita..._4.htm#REF18h2

Leave a comment:

• ackack658
    Gunner

• ackack658
    replied
    I heard there was a waiting list of about 4 years for doing toets on it. Because I knew a guy he put his name down for it when he got his 2 stars and he had been a corporal a year by the time he actually got to fire it.

Leave a comment:

• spiderman
    Guest replied
    maybe because you can burn your mate's face off if you fire it negligently, kill yourself if you use it incorrectly. training's a must for anyone that hasn't an 84 course done; safety and awareness. other than that i agree its easy peasy.

Leave a comment:

• Parts
    Guest replied
    True, but I don't see why the DF makes such a song and dance about a wavin pipe that you throw away when you're finished with it.

Leave a comment:

• spiderman
    Guest replied
    it would be good to have a number of people passing toets on it every year anyway - nothing about points of aim, ranges, effect of rounds etc on the side, is there? an' it's good for guys t ohave to carry it along with everything else, give em the 'nam feeling they so crave

Leave a comment:

• Parts
    Guest replied
    SRAAW training's a waste of time anyway, the instructions are printed on the side :D

Leave a comment:

• Come-quickly
    Commandant

• Come-quickly
    replied
    Again it depends on the units relationship with its PDF sister unit and the RDF units Cadre.
    In one case a PDF Quarter was blocked from issuing out spent SRAAWs to an RDF unit by that Units Cadre staff on the basis that if one sub unit got them everyone would want them...in other words someone might have to work for a living.

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    Closed Account

• Docman
    replied
    Originally posted by Parts
    They are one and the same, the AT4B. Capable of firing 9mm Trac and Backblast Simulators.
    Ok didn't know that one.

It would help if we (the Reserves) got regular SRAAW training.

Leave a comment:

• Parts
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Docman
    There is a sub-calibre SRAAW, but don't know the calibre, and a "Blank" firing SRAAW for tactical Exs
    They are one and the same, the AT4B. Capable of firing 9mm Trac and Backblast Simulators.

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    Closed Account

• Docman
    replied
    Originally posted by ex pat 007
    Does the DF use the 9mm tracer AT4 trainer as well? Cant remember the nomenclature but thats an apt discription at least.
    There is a sub-calibre SRAAW, but don't know the calibre, and a "Blank" firing SRAAW for tactical Exs

Leave a comment:

• driver2
    Private 3*

• driver2
    replied
    can anyone confirm SRAAW = Short Range Anti Armour Weapon

Leave a comment:

• ex pat 007
    airborne daddy

• ex pat 007
    replied
    Does the DF use the 9mm tracer AT4 trainer as well? Cant remember the nomenclature but thats an apt discription at least.

Leave a comment:

• Come-quickly
    Commandant

• Come-quickly
    replied
    Bofors AT4, SRAAW is our designation.

Also used by among others
    US Army
    Sweden
    France
    and a few other little countries like that

Leave a comment: