Redress of Wrongs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redress of Wrongs

Can anyone explain to me in detail, what a redress of wrongs is.I heard my nco giving out to another nco and he mentioned redress of wrongs. ( I could have misheard it and he may have said red dresses are wrong or your dressing is wrong)....Anyone?

(I used the search thing btw and theres nothing there!)
    Air Corps Veteran

Someone told me....

Apply in writing, request in the letter also that you require to be given in writing any actions taken in the matter of the redress, date the application and keep a copy.
    Under the terms of para 114(2) of the Defence Act the OC must provide you with an acknowledgement.
    He is duty bound to investigate the complaint and attach his findings along with your letter of complaint up through the chain of command. He must also indicate why he did not deal with the complaint to the satisfaction of the complainant.
    Each authority above a Commanding Officer through whom a complaint is forwarded in accordance with the provisions laid down, if satisfied as to the justice of the complaint, take without delay, such steps as lie within their power and as may be necessary for giving full redress to the complainant in the matter of the redress.
    In every case where a complaint is made to a Company Commander, a Commanding Officer or the Adjutant General, the complainant shall be informed of the action taken by such Company Commander, Commanding Officer or the Adjutant General in regard to the matter complained of. If the complainant so requests, such information shall be conveyed to him in writing
    In every case where a complaint has been made to the Minister, the complainant shall be informed of the Minister's decision in regard to the matter complained of. If the complainant so requests, such information shall be conveyed to him in writing by his Commanding Officer.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Nitpicking...

Sorry, but that's the complaints procedure, which is slightly different. Redress of Wrongs appeals go to the GOC, who deals with such cases the next time he conducts an inspection the barracks of the complainant(s) in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Parts
        Sorry, but that's the complaints procedure, which is slightly different. Redress of Wrongs appeals go to the GOC, who deals with such cases the next time he conducts an inspection the barracks of the complainant(s) in question.
        If that's the case, feasibly, a complainant could be waiting a while for a Redress to be
        dealt with. What I mean is that the GoC won't be constantly going around the posts in
        his Brigade area... I was of the impression that when a Redress of Wrongs is submitted,
        this has to be dealt with promptly? How's your tour going, by the way, Parts?
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I did a google and got this:
          http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/ZZA18Y1954S114.html

Comment

Originally Posted by Parts
            "Sorry, but that's the complaints procedure, which is slightly different. Redress of Wrongs appeals go to the GOC, who deals with such cases the next time he conducts an inspection the barracks of the complainant(s) in question."

If a person feels they have been wronged they may do a number of things- the first is institute redress of wrong procedures as outlined by Joshua.
            The redress is a major waste of time, we are such a small Defence Forces and everybody knows every body, so if you redress a Lt Col chances are his Class mate from Cadet training /his golf buddy/ someone he was overseas with etc etc is going to investigate it.

The other thing they can do ( but not both together) is apply for an interview with a general officer on the occasion of his inspecting your barracks / post.

This is a much better option as it frightens 7 colours of shite out of the Powers that be, as they cannot predict what you are going to say to the General officer.

Make sure its a genuine grievance or wrong other , not just a " I have to be on barrack guard this christmas," other wise youre just making a mockery of the procedure.
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
              If that's the case, feasibly, a complainant could be waiting a while for a Redress to be
              dealt with. What I mean is that the GoC won't be constantly going around the posts in
              his Brigade area... I was of the impression that when a Redress of Wrongs is submitted,
              this has to be dealt with promptly? How's your tour going, by the way, Parts?
              Once per annum, at least.
              Tour's fine, ta, nearly there now

Comment

Thnks lads for the info. i heard those two ncos talking again and they appear to be on good terms again,, one of them said he was taking the other to the cleaners. hope the cleaners are as good as Oxygen.
                Air Corps Veteran

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X