No announcement yet.

Moving to Dublin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Fuzzytrooper will miss me. He might not have it so easy if someone replaces me

Well, even though I'm infantry Ive only seen a mowag once and that was by accident!

An AML 90 course would be excellent though.

Comment

Delta, good on you for trying something different. I work in Dublin but haven't attached to a unit there. I find it's better to stay put for the moment , if I decided to attach or transfer I'd probably join the Engineers. If you attach you still have the option of returning to your own unit if you want. You'll still have to wear your own beret(no glengarry for you!) and No1's (infantry collar badges, lanyard, 9Bn Flash, DTFC Flash etc.) so you might look a bit out of place, shouldn't make much difference to you though. Use your time wisely and learn new skills, that's my advice

Comment

I dont want to transfer totally. Im an infantry soldier and proud of my battalion! Ive no idea if I'll end up working in Dublin permanently but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now its the best move to make to get a job so Im not gonna leave my uniform back home. I may as well see the big picture in the army so learning some Cav stuff while Im at it is a good idea.

Ive no intentions of getting a Glengarry yet, but sure if I ended up in Dublin permanently, Im sure the Cav would feel better giving a "muldoon" a glengarry if he's already put in a good year of work with them on attachment and proved he's an asset to the unit. Id feel cheeky turning up and asking for a transfer immediately. Besides, It'll take a lot to break me out of the infantry mould! Whats your battalion Loque?

Comment

Delta, your strategy of attaching first then transferring if needs be is a wise decision. You can stay attached for as long a you wish and return to your unit if you find work closer to home. I'm in the 9Bn.

Comment

Delta, a mate of mine served with the australian army from many years, he said that when he was in armour that he spent most of his time taking engines apart and covered in grease (even as a crew member, he was not a mechanic),.... so I'm not sure if that's everybodies idea of fun.
            But Cav attracted me also a bit.
            I'd say the medics would be cool too, if only to get well trained in first aid/ emergency aid. You would then be a major asset if ever you returned to your unit.
            Last edited by yellowjacket; 13 March 2003, 22:45.

Comment

Delta, why don't you ask California Tanker, he used to be in the 11 Cav

Comment

Someone mentioned military police?

What would the story be there? That could be interesting too.

Thanks to you all for the help by the way!

Comment

Thats it, you were fine until you expressed an opinion to join the MPs

Comment

lol, Dont worry, Im thinking of all the units!

I still dont enjoy the company of active military police

The Cav is kinda the most interesting to me.. I suspect I'll be paying an extended visit there.

Comment

Lay off us MP's, we protect you from yourselves

Comment

medics, smedics! who wants to look at compound fractures as a "hobby"?
                        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Lay off us MP's, we protect you from yourselves
                          I've never seen an FCA MP do anything except direct traffic.
                          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

i've never seen a FCA MP do anything, think of it delta you worked hard for those stripes dont join the rent a stripe bridage now!
                            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Yeah but he could get a cool red beret!!!!

Comment

(traffic) It's another one of those things that has to be done! Preventing accidents etc. Making sure fire exits are not blocked etc, smooth traffic flows etc.
                                It's all part of the machine we call the army, each component has it's role to play in ensuring that the machine works smoothly.
                                Even us humble MP's....

And who is going to look after all those "Fantasians" you guys capture on your next exercise???
                                Those POW's won't guard themselves!

Comment

Working...
                                X