Marksmans Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marksmans Badge

Anyone know the procedure for the awarding of a Marksmans Badge, following the qualification for a badge in Steyr ARPs?

Bailerweb

When you come home from range your CS marks up AF220 or Abstract if not from your sub unit. It is entered in your sub units RO book and published then enterd on your personal record and you can ask your CQ to put it on clothing demand etc

Comment

Being The Marksman Is Easy Gettin The Badge Is Very Hard They Are Nearly Impossible To Get In The D.f

Once You Get Your Badge You Must Keep Up Your Score Every Year To Keep Your Badge.( I Think That After 3 Years In A Row You Get To Leave It Up)

Whats Wrong Is Every C**t And His Dog Has A Badge Up And Probably Never Acheived The Marksman Score.

So Say It The Boss
      A Soldier Is Not A Soldier Without A Crib

Comment

As far as I know you have to qualify every year.

Comment

You have to attain a marksmanship score in 3 consecitive ARP's before your awarded the badge but I've heard that can vary depending on what Bde your in.
          Death before Dishonour.

Comment

According to the manual, you get it as soon as you attain marksman score. You then must qualify each and every year to keep it.
            The badge should be presented to you in a formal parade.

Comment

the award is supposed to be published in your unit r/o's, then you get issued it
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Wow....there are some very definitive answers, each one is definitely correct according to it's author. But why is each answer different?? Methinks the answers given are opinionated guesses at the correct answer and not in fact the correct answer at all. I would suggest you look it up!!

Comment

Actually each answer is the same.

Merge them and the picture you get is:

You get the marksmans badge when you achieve a certain score at ARP's, the result is placed in your records, and you are awarded the badge at a formal ceremony. You then must achieve a set standard to keep your marksman badge on yearly ARP's, and after x amount of time you keep the badge permanently.
                  It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

I am not sure about being able to keep it after x amount of time. Will check it out next week.

Comment

Read the manual of Small Arms last night.

On achieving the required score in an APWT, the result is recorded in ROs, and the shooter presented with a number of badges at a formal parade. The duration of wear is one year from date of achievement. Nothing more.
                      You do not get to continue wearing it more than one year without continually achieving marksman score.

The All army marksman badge is different.

Comment

Marksmans Badge

[MOD: Thread Split]

its kinda funny we have all these guys badged as marksmen in the east...but not one have an all army trophy......hm I rest my case...may be standards are alittle lower in the east.

Well in my unit we qualify as marksmen...but don't usually put up the qualification until we have at least won the all army twice....or at least beaten every one else on the saab scania....at least in Cav style..ok so you have your reorg!

But three cav showed how it was done ..bow down...and apologise for even trying.....
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

BTW if you want to argue that I am only cashing in on a units triumph..**** off I have the ecgs to prove it...and the photos...and the crystal...
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                            its kinda funny we have all these guys badged as marksmen in the east...but not one have an all army trophy......hm I rest my case...may be standards are alittle lower in the east......
                            You earn the right to wear a marksman badge after reaching the Marksman score at your ARPs. Then you must reach the score again the following year to keep it. Get it 3 in a row and it stays on. I don't know where the rules are in print so if I'm wrong please let me know. Where to wear the thing on your arm is a different kettle of fish, right Bailer?

Standards in shooting depends on the amount of practice and time spent on the range. Looking at the weapon you are going to fire in the barracks is useless. You need to be on the range and finding out your problems, any weakness and getting it sorted out. How many times do people usually get to fire on the range with any weapon? I've gotten to the All Army twice and I'm amazed that I did due to lack of range time and Q issues. Not having you're own zeroed rifle for instance. So in fairness you maybe right that the shooting standards in the east aren't the best.

Well in my unit we qualify as marksmen...but don't usually put up the qualification until we have at least won the all army twice....or at least beaten every one else on the saab scania....at least in Cav style..ok so you have your reorg!.....
                            Who came up with that Mickey Mouse rule? Sounds like someone dreamt that up in the pub. How often do you do the Saab Scania? I've a feeling you're taking the piss.

But three cav showed how it was done ..bow down...and apologise for even trying.....
                            I hope you're not letting your soldiering skills suffer due to the amount of time on the range.
                            Last edited by The_Equalizer; 2 January 2006, 09:07.
                            As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

All bow down to the mighty, lets do it our own way, cav.

So, you earn a badge and have to wait until you win something else before you can put the badge up!
                              I dont think so.
                              If you have earned a marksmans badge you wear it, otherwise you are improperly dressed.

Of course I could be wrong, as per a pic on this board,some units allow their ncos wear whatever jewellery they like. Maybe its a country thing :wink:.

Comment

Working...
                              X