FCA/Army Reserve Re-0rg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA/Army Reserve Re-0rg

Folks is it true that all amalgamation, new parade locations have to be in place for Jan 1st '05?
    although new designation titles not been taken up til end of year.

Also hear that RDF Units, parade nights, in a sth Dub barracks are been switched around to even out the number of Units attending.

any body hear anything?

Don't believe all the rumours. Per the timescale the new units have to be in place by Oct 05. Steps may be taken between now and then to ease the change over. As regards switching training nights, that rumour probably arises from the fact that the NSR switched from Tuesday to Monday. Though this has to do more with the availability of training rooms than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairflick
      Folks is it true that all amalgamation, new parade locations have to be in place for Jan 1st '05?
      The timetable of events is thus:

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20
        As regards switching training nights, that rumour probably arises from the fact that the NSR switched from Tuesday to Monday. Though this has to do more with the availability of training rooms than anything else.
        ok Bravo20, NSR has its own training rooms geared towards its unique requirements, they don't use FCA halls, how about the rest of the Units

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
          Units to be amalgamated will be going on camp together next year.
          Great a pre-marriage course, were they been held?

Clonmel

Oh Smith's gone,..... were's Groucho Marks from?
          maybe thats where it'll be.

Can't wait for the Honeymoon.

Comment

There was a .pdf file that had a map showing all the proposed integrations throughout the country was there not?

anyone have a link to that?

Comment

Originally posted by SPOOKY
              There was a .pdf file that had a map showing all the proposed integrations throughout the country was there not?
              anyone have a link to that?
              It used to be in military.ie but seems to be gone now. They still have this though.

Units to be amalgamated will be going on camp together next year.
              Another hare brained scheme by the army if it is true. While ok in principle, it is difficult to fit existing formations into camps due to accommodation shortages, how do they expect to do it with amalgamated units?

Comment

It could be arranged that units going to camp together be more mixed eg. a unit each from limk, kerry and clare go together instead of 3 units from each area going together as happens other years. This would be good for people to get to know other people in their new amalgamated nits but maybe sad for those budies who only usually get together for a week once a year.

Comment

Its October. Had a big meeting about it last night.

There was a meeting with the GOC a week ago. Its serious when its laid down in front of you. Am I aloud to discuss facts?
                  for more on christy moore. www.liambyrne.com great performance. City 10-0 UTD

'I have heard him of the Ireland he wished to see. When he struck the spark on the anvil, he struck the anvil in my heart. When I leave school, the only pursuit I want to engage in is the winning of the freedom of my country'.

Comment

The 20 & 21 Inf Bns (8 companies in total - although not at establishment level) are going to one location on camp together, but you could see how the quantities involved in some units will have difficulty with space / accomodiation.

Could any NCOs from the 20 Inf, PM me please?

Comment

Originally posted by Hairflick

Also hear that RDF Units, parade nights, in a sth Dub barracks are been switched around to even out the number of Units attending

any body hear anything?
                      This would make a lot of sense, in terms of the parading nights of some of the units, and the consequent demands on training rooms, facilities, etc., as Bravo20 mentions above...
                      Last edited by FMolloy; 5 July 2005, 09:46.
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

re - org

Originally posted by p.dougal
                        Its October. Had a big meeting about it last night.

There was a meeting with the GOC a week ago. Its serious when its laid down in front of you. Am I aloud to discuss facts?

Facts ?, In Western Brigade ?, Now There's an interesting idea ?????

[MOD: Please, do not use caps when writing replys]

Comment

come on folks, real reply's, whats changing in your unit,
                          what's different next year than last year?

the Unit i'm in, its gone from a sunday afternoon social
                          club to a,
                          finished my detail i'm going home,
                          have family and work tomorrow too look after

Comment

Does this mean offical RDF numbers will be changed as well?

It isn't really 12'000 parading is it?
                            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

well according to my CO the 17th and 16th bn's will no longer be so as of
                              01/01/05. we'll be the 56th inf bn and all new positions will have been decided. if this is the case for us surely it is for the rest of the reserve?

as for us all going on camp together, we had our first joint annual camp this year. and as usual less than expected turned up so i dont see this as a huge problem

Comment

Working...
                              X