Minimum Return of Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum Return of Service

Are there any PDF officers out there who can tell me the minimum return of service for officers who have already attained a degree before entering the cadet school?

i think it is 12 yrs with a degree....but i'm not sure of what it is without....you can buy yourself out of the contract at any time though
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Is it not 12 years without a degree? The government pay for your education then expects a return of service for it, which is four years.

Comment

If you already have a degree when you become a cadet, is it obligatory for you to go to college again as a cadet or can you skip that phase?
        Last edited by Eddie Dillon; 1 December 2004, 20:17.
        "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

I'm sure that depends on wether or not your degree is relevant to the DF's needs.
          "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
          - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

sorry i meant 12 yrs without
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

I know its a bit off the subject but do junior officers wear their uniform when attending college?

Comment

No they wear civvies, there are two of them on my friends course in college and they are always in civvies.
                The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

yes they do. met a naval ensign last year who was attending cit and he told me that he did
                  There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

AFAIK..technically they're supposed to but they generally get away with wearing it the first day then civvies after that.
                    Last edited by Queenie; 2 December 2004, 04:07.

Comment

What kinds of courses does the army usually send cadets off on?

Comment

I know one doing Human Resources and two doing Psychology.

Comment

They have a number of places reserved in the Transport & Logistics

Comment

Is electrical engineering a course relevant to the DF? Im in CIT and Iv seen the lads doing marine engineering and the like, wearing a uniform including rank markings
                            Factories dont burn themselves down, they need help from people like you and me.

Comment

Once course I briefly looked at in the UK was War Studies (their name for military studies) - would this be any good to the army on applying for a cadetship or...?

Comment

Working...
                              X