No announcement yet.

DPM Raingear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the 58 replaced for the RDF... or did I miss something ?

Gimme a poncho anyday... Yer going to get wet anyway
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Sorry ment to say it will be replaced, I think we're gettin old PDF PLCE.
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

i thunk weee should all be in camo woots the point in guving us camo uniforms and then gguni uss greeen wetgasr
        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasplug
          i thunk weee should all be in camo woots the point in guving us camo uniforms and then gguni uss greeen wetgasr

'English motherf*cker, do you speak it?'
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

to all those who think we don't need DPM wet gear...we do if we have nothing else!

And to all those who don't think we need raingear at all.....obviously all your training is carried out in very fine weather......I recall giving 14hrs manning a checkpoint last summer and it rained for all 14 hours of it.

thank christ i had raingera...it was mine and it was DPM .....but not Irish1
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

looks like british DPM.
              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

the trooper in the foreground is wearing Briyish pattern ...The Corporal in the middle groung has the Irish OG jacket....My set is the Dutch gear.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I have the french rain gear and it does the job just fine as does the OG stuff. There will be a stock of DPM rain gear available to units each brigade for exercise working on the same principle as the PLCE.
                  Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                  http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Dutch - Uk whats the difference ??

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpe
                      There will be a stock of DPM rain gear available to units each brigade for exercise working on the same principle as the PLCE.
                      Same principle as the PLCE, so we'll never see it then.

Comment

The diffences between the Dutch and Uk wet gear are really only apparent when they are side by side...the pattern is similar...but the colours are slightly lighter.......main thing is it keeps out the rain...and we need it

Anybody like to hazard a guess at the location of the photograph.?

Oh but the way gasplug...you're still a ***** and I'm thrilled I'm p****** you off...thanks for the PM...actually I'm working on having you banned....that can be somebodies christmas present to me...ban the f***!

[MOD: No personal abuse toward fellow members.To ban a member please forward €20.00 cash to the usual address]

Comment

I think murphs picture is a perfect reason for thje issue of dpm wetgear, it looks bad on the df if a civvie walks up to a checkpoint where there are 3 soldiers in 3 different uniforms, but from the exact same unit. Peopple will go out and buy camo wetgear until it is issued to them or is made available or even the ability to buy it, Should we not look professional, if we intend to carry out our tasks in a professional manner?
                          That pic looks mopre like 3 ira soldiers badly impersoanting the df than 3 actual soldiers!!
                          The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

The IRA Have soldiers now? And there was me thinking they just employed murdering criminal scumbags.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I've obtained a number of unissued Dutch goretex parka liners. You can wear them under a jacket or smock without adding any bulk. They're going for €35.

"The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I don't know whether to be offended or not....thanks kermit look what you started....sorry I posted the bloody piccy now!

Comment

Working...
                                X