No announcement yet.

DPM Raingear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniformitity is the corner stone of any military establishment,everyone should have the DPM gear as soon as possible.

Comment

The picture : Was it taken "down the bog" ? :tri:

do I win a prize ?
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
        NO. We do not need DPM rain gear. You can wear the OG stuff under your DPM smock.

Thats the worst idea ever.... cause once the smock gets soaked, it soaks through the OG raingear (the old stuff wasnt designed to be worn under your smock) and leaves you out in the middle of the glen soaking wet and cold.... or did you forget?
        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

50 PDF pers from the southern brigade who were pulled out of the Glen with the early stages of Hypothermia a few years ago won't forget in a hurry.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

God bless gore - tex.
            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Whats wrong with the OG stuff?

It's not waterproof for a start.

Murph, why not invest in a belt, holster and lanyard from the store.
              Last edited by Groundhog; 27 December 2004, 21:30.
              sigpic
              Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
              My favourite moment was when the
              red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

thats why you are meant to put all your kit inside zip-lock bags....
                The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

nah i prefer the old one! far better holster altogether......was never a believer in lanyards ..they only get caught in things......never was issued the OG gear to start with anyway....

learned a little lesson a long time ago....nothing is waterproof....absolutely nothing...if you are out in the rain long enouh or often enough some part of you will get wet.

As far as holsters go ...I think I'll wait until I inherit another one.....
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

nah i prefer the old one! far better holster altogether......was never a believer in lanyards ..

You will when you have to retrace your steps around Kilworth looking for your BAP.
                    sigpic
                    Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

i got issued the dpm wet gear for an exersise last november and suprisingly for that time of year it stayed in my bergan for the 24+ apparantly we got 100 sets in batt stores along with the same in plce m have to sat the od wetsuits look very dated over the dpm.
                      perhaps its time to do away with the service dress no1 and use the money saved to issue the wetgear perhaps like the service dress on gaining 3* rank
                      the current way of people wearing a mixture of patterens looks a bit like a michigan malitia meeting and a bit unprofessional if seen by the public , but this is perferable to geting drenched,
                      "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

i managed to get my hands on a set of the DPM gear, i have to say, its mutch better than the old gear, its lighter but still does the job.
                        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

hello people,

Old og wet gear is terrible.The newer dpm should be made available to the reserve asap i agree.However it also has it's own flaws; it needs more pockets for holding the general TAMs, tac-aide holder & the rest of your admin in the field.It requires an elasticated waist because it is slighty baggy to wear.Wearing of foreign issue kit is ok & it works," but it doesn't help the image of the DF". Furthermore the idea suggested by an individual to wear their wetgear under the smock is ridiculous, why get an extra layer of your kit saturated?This idea is only to be used in some areas such as CTR's where the rustle of gore-tex may be noticable.Standing outside getting your rocket pouches soaked is your own fault, why don't you use dry bags??Zip-loc bags are ok but tend to split.Another suggestion of using only a poncho is equally bad, would you honestly go on a patrol with a big flapping sheet of material?Anyone who would let you do this hasn't a clue of proper military drills & s.o.p's.Finally, chest rigs & indeed assault vests are both great pieces of kit,especially for those persons who operating in vehicles, they allow an extra freedom of movement.However like most things in the military these are mission specific, C.E.F.O is still considered the best all rounder. On this note i shall leave you with this saying "any fool can be uncomfortable"
                          Arriving at a gun fight with a knife is a basic failure in planning.

Comment

I'm one to wear gore tex under my uniform.

Have to say that when the smock and uniform get soaked they blend in well with surroundings more so then usual.

If the outer layers are drenched the gore tex WILL keep the wet at bay cause its water proof not water resist, not only that but it stops wind chill as well, by not allowing wind through.

And I believe the saying is " any gobshi*e can be uncomfortable "

I'm Kent Brockman, and those were my two cents.
                            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
                              nah i prefer the old one! far better holster altogether......was never a believer in lanyards ..

You will when you have to retrace your steps around Kilworth looking for your BAP.
                              There speaks the voice of experience.

As for the wearing of raingear under the dpm,the logic behnd this(as discovered on that now infamous wicklow hillside by the southern brigade some years ago)is that the Smock wil keep out a certain amount of rain before it begins to soak through. By putting on waterproofs over this layer you are holding in a wet cold layer,which soaks through all other inner layers,which will soon mix with sweat as the subject continues their activity.

By wearing the wetgear under the smock you are preventing the wet layer from getting any deeper than the external layer.

This may make sense to those who go hillwalking a lot,but in practice I have found it works well enough.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I appreciate your vast experience but,I have to completely disagree with the concept of wearing your waterproof outer layer UNDER your smock.All this does is needlessly saturate your smock.The waterpoof outer layer is worn on the outside as the idea suggests.Wearing it on the outside prevents moisture getting inside fullstop.The smock is not considered waterproof barrier, that is not what it is designed for.If it starts to rain you put your wet gear on, when it stops you take it off, the same with warm gear,if you stop take out your Sleeka jacket,takeit off before you go again.simple. If your carrying full battle order and ammo load, including quivers, SRAAW etc. you will heat up.Layer properly, I've seen people for some reason wearing fleeces when tabbing,just poor personal admin.It's just laziness that causes people to do stupid things, leading on to hypo/hyperthermia.
                                Arriving at a gun fight with a knife is a basic failure in planning.

Comment

Working...
                                X