DPM Raingear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPM Raingear

When is the row over issue of the new wetsuits going to start.

Whats wrong with the OG stuff?
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

The fact that its OG I think, That and its like wearing a plastic bag over your uniform.

BRING ON THE DPM
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

I haven't got the OG stuff and never had...but bought some forgien goretex stuff so I'll survive till the arguement is over
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

NO. We do not need DPM rain gear. You can wear the OG stuff under your DPM smock.

Comment

there is still some of the plastic PVC stuff floating about so if you get the newer green olive stuff you would be doing well. There isnt even enough DPM stuff for the PDF. But RDF should have some sets on a pool basis

Comment

Why do we need it? It would just be money that could be used else where.

Comment

True. I to have my own gore-tex raingear, so i'll lose no sleep.
                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
                  Why do we need it? It would just be money that could be used else where.
                  And there is the sum of all the RDF's problems. When we start penny pinching before the DOF. DPM raingear should be issued along with all the other items that we currently dont get. Ireland has one of the pi$$ist climates in the world and yet only old rain gear is available on a pool basis. The problem they seem to have with issuing kit like this on an individual basis is that if members leave they wont get it back yet they wont address unit churn or collect uniforms from non effectives.
                  You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Eh Joker maybe corps units dont spend as much time exposed as line units but raingear is pretty necessary in this part of the world and not only is the green gortex goblin suit tactically unsound, its also fairly crap compared to say the issue DPM or the French gear Custac supplies.

While we're on Jokers logic, why issue PLCE when the money could be used elsewhere and the 58 patn still "works".
                    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

This worked to get individual issue of the new(er) raingear to 11CIS.

1: Wait until there is an event requiring your unit's attendance. The event in question for the CIS was the All Army Competition. The morning of.

2: Get all NCOs together and tell your CQ that unless required equipment is issued before departure, you are all going home.

3: Smile while you're gathering all sorts of equipment that has magically materialised out of nowhere.

If the RDF is to be treated seriously, first step is to equip it properly. If the DOD sees serious red marks on the ledger for the RDF, they will starting asking for a lot more in return = training & more equipment.
                      Take these men and women for your example.
                      Like them, remember that posterity can only
                      be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                      possession of those who have the
                      courage to defend it.
                      Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                      If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Personally I would rather see the infrastructure there to support soldiers who need time off work etc. More maydays, access to training facilities etc. Maybe units need to implement programs where recruits who have left and still have kit in their possession should hand them back. As said before not everybody in the PDF has got this new raingear. For training purposes the stuff we have at the moment is fine.

Jag I would not agree with you. If we are to be treated seriously then we need proper training more so then equipment. Which I am happy to say has started to happen with the formation of the new BTC.

Comment

For training purposes FNs and 58 are fine as had been said before you need the whole package, the savings made on buying raingear wont pay for a units annual training needs nor make a serious contribution to it.
                          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
                            Jag I would not agree with you. If we are to be treated seriously then we need proper training more so then equipment. Which I am happy to say has started to happen with the formation of the new BTC.
                            Really.

And how to propose to train and become profficient on, say, a defibrillator if you don't have access to one, and once trained you never have the opportunity to use it? Or a SINCGARS? Or packing of PLCE?

Depending on what equipment you have, you will carry it in different ways. You will not pack DPM gear the same way the OG was packed- different pockets & pouches. You will probably wear different socks depending on your boots. You will wear different clothes. You may walk a different way

All of these should be instinctive (reach HERE for my notebook, HERE for my magazine and HERE for my canteen) and need to be drilled in a thousand times to achieve this. You can't train to drive a Ferrari with a Nissan Micra. And no way should anyone be allowed on active duty if they are likely to fumble looking for an essential piece of equipment- and water bottles, compasses, maps, pens, pencils ARE essential pieces of equipment.
                            Take these men and women for your example.
                            Like them, remember that posterity can only
                            be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                            possession of those who have the
                            courage to defend it.
                            Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                            If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

I'm with joker.

Whats the point having all nice new issued kit, if you can't get off work to use it.

The 58 webbing is rubbish, and was replaced for a reason. Sooner its completly gone the better.

But The OG uniform was gotten rid of because in modern warfare its tactically unsound to use it, but then why is okay to use the OG raingear. Prehaps the DF should have issued one set of new wet gear when you got your original issue of DPM's

Comment

Working...
                              X