No announcement yet.

Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway this thread was not about comparing PDF salaries to RDF salaries, it is about comparing RDF payments to TA payments. The PDF deserve everything they get

i agree

comparing RDF payments to TA payments does not work as their is such a difference in favour of the TA, they work for the money and have a role to carry out where as we do what we are told which is prepare for a role which is unlikley at best and when we do have skills which are required or numbers to back up the PDF it takes so long to make a decision that the task is over.

Comment

TA pay as follows drill night is a quarter days pay plus travel ie no more than 2 hours train. A half day training is more than 2 but less than 4 hours training. A days training is more than 4 but less than 8 hours training. Weekend training is classed as 2.5 days training starts on Friday night and finnishes on Sunday afternoon. No members of HM Forces are paid by the hour. Most units in TA have a a minimum of 27 days training ie camp / course consisting of 14 days, the remainder of the time is made up of evenings single days and weekends. Some units do as little as 15 days per year to obtain their bounty.

Comment

I read a reference somewhere to the UK MOD making up the difference between the civvie wages of mobilised TA personnell and their military pay. I believe in the US it is common for employers to do the same for employees on full-time training.
        Take these men and women for your example.
        Like them, remember that posterity can only
        be for the free; that freedom is the sure
        possession of those who have the
        courage to defend it.
        Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
        If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

I'm sure Strummer could comment much more intelligently on this but the link below shows the pay rates for US reservists....I can't believe the RDF don't get paid for their evenings/weekends, what a joke......unless I'm mistaken, (never having effectively a reservist), one weekend equals 4 drills (Fri evening - Sun morning/afternoon)....and for those in the US reserves who get deployed, there are several companies in the private sector who will continue to pay you your regular wage, on top of the salary you draw from Uncle Sam (equivalent to AD bubbas).

pay
          "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

According to SaBRE, a mobilised member of the TA can indeed calim for the difference between their military pay and civilian job, details can be seen at:

http://www.sabre.mod.uk/output/page81.asp

http://www.sabre.mod.uk/output/page27.asp
            Last edited by Cosantor; 21 January 2005, 06:25.
            "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

"I can't believe the RDF don't get paid for their evenings/weekends"...

this is what the grat is for
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

"I can't believe the RDF don't get paid for their evenings/weekends"...

this is what the grat is for

Is the Grat not for the upkeep of uniform etc.?

What happened to the Overtime sheets, have they been phased out along with the sky hooks,glass hammers, long stands, keys of the square etc.?
                Last edited by Guest; 21 January 2005, 20:15.

Comment

Gratuity is NOT payment for Field days or weekends, it is a token payment to cover expenses like drycleaning, polish, etc. For this reason it is not taxable.

This now token payment was not increased for a long long time until about 1994 when the RDFRA kicked in. Had it been kept pro-rata with the CPI it would now be worth in excess of €2500 annually - Tax Free.....

The Grat is now reveiwed every three years and increased to keep it inline with inflation.

Thank you RDFRA.
                  No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                  No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

That is an additional allowance seperate from Gratuity.
                    No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                    No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

Just because I've called myself secondlewey doesn't mean I'm an officer, Kermit!
                      Last edited by Guest; 21 January 2005, 21:52.

Comment

Would people join the reserve if there was no payment whatsoever??
                        knowing that ALL the money has gone into new and shiny gear??
                        just a taught.....
                        whats your taughts??

Comment

Originally posted by ice19523
                          Would people join the reserve if there was no payment whatsoever??
                          knowing that ALL the money has gone into new and shiny gear??
                          That's grand for the young people still living off their parents but for people with jobs and familys it's not as simple as that.
                          I'm guessing by your enthusiasm that your new to this game. A year or two down the line the novelty will begin to wear off a bit and you'll realise that although this is something you really enjoy doing you deserve every penny you get.

Comment

pay

In the US there is no requirement for ANY employer to make up the difference between Army pay and civvie pay. A lot of the bigger companies will do it, but it's strictly voluntary. Our pay is by the day, a reserve "day" is minimum four hours and it's the same as an active day's pay. Once mobilized for whatever reason, you get the same pay and allowances as your active counterparts. We get no mileage for travel to and from drill, but if you do official travel during the course of your duties, you get mileage. Our pay is online at www.dfas.mil and click on the link for pay charts.

I don't believe in working for free, we all do extra time, whatever, (especially as officers and NCO's), but bottom line is, take people from their familes, you should pay them.

Comment

Working...
                            X