Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carriage of Troops in Military Vehicles

Carriage of Troops in Military Vehicles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Feb 7, 2005 on PDFORRA website

Following discussions at the DFHQ Forum DCOS (Sp) has issued a directive that troops will only be transported in TCV's when engaged in operations and training.

On all other occasions coaches, mini-buses or saloons will be used.

"troops will only be transported in TCV's when engaged in operations and training"

the implication that if not "engaged in operations and training" it's the other modes ?

What, exactly is the difference. or is this meant to say that if you break your leg going from the canner in the Glen to your hut, the driver can't use the only truck present to take you to Naas ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

What reasons,outside of Operations and training,would you have need for military transport?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim

What, exactly is the difference. or is this meant to say that if you break your leg going from the canner in the Glen to your hut, the driver can't use the only truck present to take you to Naas ?
        Under drivers standing orders, If there isn't an ambulance vehical available, Any vehical can be used for this purpose as long as a report is given by the driver in the duty order when he/she comes off detail. I think(open to correction on this)
        Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
        Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
        do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Ah yes...it reminds me of the order that said....Cadets shall not enter a bar or mess serving alcohol within a ten mile radius of the Curragh Camp unless on special duty. Cadets shall not leave a ten mile radius of the Curragh Camp unless on special duty. Cadets shall not consume alcohol while on special duty.

Comment

A Bit like the Garda one. Uniformed Gardai will only carry firearms when not in uniform....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
            X