Cpl Forever....Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trellheim

Discuss [ but we've done this before several times ] ... how did we get on to this then from nepotism ?
    Yes we have done this several times before. As was pointed out to me recently, when we get a new recruit in the barracks, we dont say, "we've done this footdrill etc before,read this book" We start over.

The same applies to this discussion board. New members have questions which to them are real and new issues.They deserve to be answered afresh and not to be told to "use the search function".That phrase has been kicked out of me.... in a kangaroo court.

The thread is still on topic........ish.

Comment

Rofl
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Its not the Army ...its the RDF ...and the point to be made is that as long as individuals can be promoted due to longevity ....or court orders ...it will never be an army.

Its incidents like these that make a mockery out of the RDFs attempts to be taken seriously.

People have been promoted for all the wrong reasons for far too long ...and it still happens ...but this is the way in every job really...so what makes the RDF any different?
        Answer..the entry level is the same ...everybody starts at the recruit level and has a chance to advance themselves given a level playing field.....but thats not the case.....

actually promotional power has to be removed from the individual units ..as they are far to biased in their selections......and personailties are far too often a contributing factor.

Me I don't give a shit....I've got as far as I want to go....all I need now is to obtain all the info I need to become the best I can at that level....now theres a thought....how come some people on achieve a certain rank believe they know all there is to know ..and only go on courses they see fit for their rank!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
          ....how come some people on achieve a certain rank believe they know all there is to know ..and only go on courses they see fit for their rank!
          Ok i definitely agree with the first part, but i dont understand the second question. You are only allowed go on a course suitable for your rank.
          Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
          but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
          body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
          WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

In the case of the current set of MOI courses being run very few of the people who would benefit from such a course actually bother applying for such courses.

Admin courses are grossly undersubscribed to...but with the change in the structures of the RDF these courses are becoming more critical.

Is it a case of these courses are not macho enough......as are MOI courses. Everybody wants to play soldiers but nobody wants to learn to do the basic support couses anymore!
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

actually promotional power has to be removed from the individual units ..as they are far to biased in their selections......and personailties are far too often a contributing factor.
              Not sure on this one. On one hand it would be better if everyone was seen as a number and those numbers who reached the required standard would be suitable for selection.

On the other the indivdual units know their soldiers and their personailties i.e. the units are positively biased. and hence would be able to distinguish between two soldiers with the same experiance, that who would fill that particular role better.
              Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy
                Not sure on this one. On one hand it would be better if everyone was seen as a number and those numbers who reached the required standard would be suitable for selection.

On the other the indivdual units know their soldiers and their personailties i.e. the units are positively biased. and hence would be able to distinguish between two soldiers with the same experiance, that who would fill that particular role better.
                That will be different in each different unit. Perhaps it doesnt happen in your unit but what about a unit where daddy is a co or officer. You can be pretty sure it will happen there given the oppertunity between a capable candidate and daddys boy.
                Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
                but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
                body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................

Comment

In reply to S&Ts original question. Was there any reason given for this person to be promoted before you? There has to be some grounds for it even if they are not fair.

Comment

Its a double edged sword, it would help remove nepotism, which exists in some units, but at the same time not everything can be accessed in an interview and report. The unit knows who turns up all the time, who does and doesn't put effort in, who is reliable & dependable etc.

Comment

Happened to a sgt in my unit. Has the cse done to be promoted to Q but a more senior sgt objected to the promotion because of his seniority and held up the promotion untill he has the cse done. Its shitty really. My sgt is the most qualified person in the company for the job and isn't getting the promotion cos of this.Meanwhile the position goes unfilled. Its shitty i tells ya!!
                      Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                      Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                      do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

hear hear

Comment

Working...
                        X