No announcement yet.

Footdrill Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 21st aren't the only ones to say "Iompaíg Thart". Aren't there supposed to be amendments published, distributed and stuck into the manuals? e.g. the Screed is an amendment right? It's not in the footdrill manual. The fact that we don't now turn to the right when falling out is an amendment.

Isn't it about time a new manual was published. How hard could or expensive could it be?

Comment

Originally posted by bulldemboots!
      The 21st aren't the only ones to say "Iompaíg Thart". Aren't there supposed to be amendments published, distributed and stuck into the manuals? e.g. the Screed is an amendment right? It's not in the footdrill manual. The fact that we don't now turn to the right when falling out is an amendment.

Isn't it about time a new manual was published. How hard could or expensive could it be?
      14th also say "Iompaig Thart". Got a bit of a surprise when i arrived in the east (though not a big one )
      Last edited by Steamy Window; 21 March 2005, 14:01.
      "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

The gardai also use thart Iompaigh. The result on a windy day was that half would turn thart,while the other half would turn deas...

sounds similar depending on the accent.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The btcs are re-writing the manuals at present.Grenade,rifle etc. btc(s) is writing the cofd manual.Should go to print later this year.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Llorrac
            We were told to stick to the manual..... Of course they never thought I'd get my hands on the manual....
            Ammmm Llorrac, It was your superiors who gave you the manual, along with many other manuals.

Originally posted by Llorrac
            So I presented my findings to my superiors who then dragged their feet for a couple of months and now are finally realising that 'ag iompo' along with other commands do not exist.
            Actually, your superiors sought clarification from their superiors- its called the chain of command, you should have told about it during your recruit training.....

Originally posted by Apod
            The btcs are re-writing the manuals at present.Grenade,rifle etc. btc(s) is writing the cofd manual.Should go to print later this year.
            Which means we should see it in about 20/30 years time. I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Ammmm Llorrac, It was your superiors who gave you the manual, along with many other manuals.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Llorrac
              So I presented my findings to my superiors who then dragged their feet for a couple of months and now are finally realising that 'ag iompo' along with other commands do not exist.

Actually, your superiors sought clarification from their superiors- its called the chain of command, you should have told about it during your recruit training.....

emm touchey,

wonder who are llorrac's superior's docman,

keep safe.

Comment

Working...
              X