This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Question

Okay, I know this has probably been brought up before, but I have a different twist on this. I have read a topic on this site on using army uniforms in a civilian manner. My question is, in practise, have people been placed under citizen arrest by others in the past for wearing the uniform out of training/working hours.

I have an example of this : on many occasions I have seen one individual who 'was' in the FCA wearing the either the full uniform or just the jacket while walking up the town etc.

This has been at me for a while and so far no-one has stopped him or cautioned him. What is my stance on this.

Should I confront him or what ?
    "The artillery was my strongest tool. Often it was my only reserve .... I repeatedly said it was more a matter of the infantry supporting the artillery than the artillery supporting the infantry.... I wish I knew the countless times that positions were taken or held due solely to TOT's ...."

Major General R. 0. Barton

Originally posted by Sharp_Shooter
    Okay, I know this has probably been brought up before, but I have a different twist on this. I have read a topic on this site on using army uniforms in a civilian manner. My question is, in practise, have people been placed under citizen arrest by others in the past for wearing the uniform out of training/working hours.

I have an example of this : on many occasions I have seen one individual who 'was' in the FCA wearing the either the full uniform or just the jacket while walking up the town etc.

This has been at me for a while and so far no-one has stopped him or cautioned him. What is my stance on this.

Should I confront him or what ?
    Inform him that it's highly illegal, and offer to "turn it in" for him :wink:

If he's wise to this and refuses to hand it over to you, call the PAs and tell them there's some rough looking lad walking along in a smock.

If you don't want to inform the PAs, or they're too busy drinking tea, maybe a call to his former unit, asking them to send a few NCOs around before parade one night could sort things out.

Good luck.

Comment

http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/b...misuse+uniform

Strummer, take a deep breath........exhale slowly.

Comment

Serenity now, serenity now....!!!!
        No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Quite simple. The Defence Act 1954 specifies the do's and don'ts of wearing uniform. Since the
          Defence Act was a document enacted by the Government, it is legally binding. As such, it would
          be incumbent on the Garda Siochana to confiscate military kit being worn in such an instance.
          Last edited by Truck Driver; 18 March 2005, 19:21.
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Is this happening in Newbridge????

There are a lot of soldiers living in the town and I find it hard to beieve nobody hasn't said anything to him yet!

Don't know if it's allowed but I think you sould name him here.
            WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snacker
              I think you sould name him here.
              Dont even think about it.

See point 1.

http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/main.php?id=rules

Comment

Originally posted by Snacker

Don't know if it's allowed but I think you sould name him here.
                slander, libel etc etc
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

OK OK my bad!
                  WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Speaking of which i seen a lovely lad in SD no#1's last night on parnell st drinking a can of bud with his mates... wouldnt tell me his name but i got a look at his flash! turns out hes 20bn...
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Grass them to the PA's & let them worry about it.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Thanx

Thank you all for the input. I have decided to call down to his former unit.

I never grass on anyone but this has tested my patience to the limit, as yesterday I saw him again in the chipper with the jacket.

As Newbridge is so near the Curragh Camp, I am surprised no-one has done anything about it before. Let this be the end of it.
                        "The artillery was my strongest tool. Often it was my only reserve .... I repeatedly said it was more a matter of the infantry supporting the artillery than the artillery supporting the infantry.... I wish I knew the countless times that positions were taken or held due solely to TOT's ...."

Major General R. 0. Barton

Comment

Let us know how you get on...

Comment

this guy wearing dpm has no respect for it so im sure he would sell it to anyone who brought him a 6 pack of dutch gold including the friends of p o neil so informing the proper authoritys wouldnt be grassing in my opinion
                            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Respect? For DPM? Get a grip !!! It's a cloth pattern !!! Maybe he has respect for corduroy, or plaid !!!
                              No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X