• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Joshua
    Searcher :)

• Joshua
    replied
    Strummers GP contacted me and asked me to close this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Eddie Dillon
    Nijmegen Neanderthal

• Eddie Dillon
    replied
    Yup, I'm sure alright. There's a guy with a French one but this fella's a different one. Irish smock, complete with flag and all. Just breezing around the computers he was!

Leave a comment:

• Itchy
    Philomath

• Itchy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eddie Dillon
    As a matter of interest, on Friday I passed some clown in the library in UL wearing an Irish smock. Can't understand it at all
    Ya sure??? Theres a lad alright with a french dpm smock.

No i dont study in the library OK!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Eddie Dillon
    Nijmegen Neanderthal

• Eddie Dillon
    replied
    As a matter of interest, on Friday I passed some clown in the library in UL wearing an Irish smock. Can't understand it at all

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    not that I know is it even in constitution, statute books
    or would you get done for a wrongful imprisonment type of offence

Leave a comment:

• FMolloy
    King Monkey

• FMolloy
    replied
    You try it Sharp Shooter & let us know how you get on.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    Captain

• Truck Driver
    replied
    If the said individual is not in the DF, then he is not entitled to wear the said jacket. And the
    Defence Act is a legal Statute, in which there are rules on the wearing and prohibition of
    wearing of uniform. So if the individual is in breach of this Act, then surely that is a breach of the
    law, and a case could be made for the jacket to be confiscated by the Gardai on behalf of the MP's.
    Would be a bit daft for a bystander to get involved in trying to reef the jacket from his shoulders,
    the bystander would be needing an ambulance crew, never mind the Gardai...

Yea or nay?

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    To be placed under citizens arrest,you need to have been observed commiting a felony. So far we are trying to establish if a person wearing such garment is commiting a felony? The evidence says no,and I do not know of any case of wrongful arrest in the court by an aggreived dpm smock wearer..

So I'll say no(unless proved otherwise)

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    Captain

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Don't know............

HEY ! Wasn't it you who was going on about the scruff ball going around Newbridge
    wearing DPM?

Simple answer... drop into DFTC MP Coy up in the Curragh Camp and ask them.
    They'll get the Gardai on the case, and c'est ca...
    Truck Driver
    Captain
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 24 March 2005, 22:20.

Leave a comment:

• Sharp_Shooter
    Private 2*

• Sharp_Shooter
    replied
    Sorry for starting a debate about this, but no-one here answered the question I was looking for in the first place :

My question is, in practise, have people been placed under citizen arrest by others in the past for wearing the uniform when not a memeber of the RDF/PDF or out of training/working hours.

That's all I wanted to know, has anyone ever been placed under citizen arrest in the past...

Whatever about respect for the Irish Army, that is a different topic altogether.

Sharp_Shooter
    Private 2*
    Last edited by Sharp_Shooter; 24 March 2005, 21:10.

Leave a comment:

• strummer
    replied
    Moonstomper for President !!!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by moonstomper
    Is this tendency to got overly excited about about uniforms purely a reservist thing? I don't remember ever hearing a pdf member comment on people wearing combat jackets on sites or wherever. Perhaps because quite a few of us wore those surplus Israeli jackets bought in the Leb we were desperate criminals ourselves, or maybe we had better things to do with our time.
    It could be because the PDF generally have good access to clothing stores and get the kit they need, where as the RDF have to beg/borrow/steal.

Leave a comment:

• moonstomper
    Private 2*

• moonstomper
    replied
    Surely the old green kit, in it's time, was as much the uniform of the state as DPM is now, and it's widespread misuse had no adverse consequences either to the reputation of the DF or the security of the country. Maybe those who are really concerned should carry out citizen's arrests in pubs, clubs and building sites. The subsequent court cases will make great reading. In fact since there's never been a proper Irish crimebusting superhero, apart from Miss Flanagan in the Ireland's Own, I sense an opportuniy here. A concerned citizen who enforces DF dress regulations throughout the universe? To uniformity and beyond.

Leave a comment:

• Muzzle
    Lieutenant

• Muzzle
    replied
    We are only talking about the new stuff not the old green kit.

Leave a comment:

• moonstomper
    Private 2*

• moonstomper
    replied
    Reservist obsession

Is this tendency to got overly excited about about uniforms purely a reservist thing? I don't remember ever hearing a pdf member comment on people wearing combat jackets on sites or wherever. Perhaps because quite a few of us wore those surplus Israeli jackets bought in the Leb we were desperate criminals ourselves, or maybe we had better things to do with our time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X