No announcement yet.

NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My (new) sub-unit does periodical refresher training in CBRN - on a piece of equipment used for sampling the local environment. It is conducted by the cadre staff.

Comment

Haven't had the time to read the rest of the thread (Busy setting up zombie related thread) but are there any units in the reserve who have NBC training as part of their syllabus? or is it coming in as part of the reorg?

It would seem like a good idea considering the medical world flapping about a global influenza outbreak/bird flu virus and the possible necessity for the border to be closed.
      Last edited by HavocIRL; 17 November 2005, 16:34.
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

It is not currently on either the Recruit or 3* syllabus. Radiological monitoring is one of the roles of the RDF.

Comment

are there any units in the reserve who have NBC training as part of their syllabus?
          We got all the theory and a few goes of an NBC suit but thats it.
          "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
          - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

At the moment the higher powers are in the process of setting up a CBRN Pl to deal with contamination areas and would be used similarly to our guys in the QRF in Liberia.

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL
              but are there any units in the reserve who have NBC training as part of their syllabus? or is it coming in as part of the reorg?
              A few units do it but it is not part of the syllabus. More of a familiarisation course.

Comment

Working...
              X