No announcement yet.

RDF CIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are improving since they moved in with 2CIS but there arent enough bodies to do much.

They have have some good NCOs and about 15 cpl vacancies however none at any rank above that and none look like they will be vacant within the next 10 years i'd say.
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Hello Muzzle if you wish or anyone else for that matterwish to learn more about 11 CIS there is a recruitment day on Sat 9./4/05 commencing at 0800 and ending approx. 13.30 venue Cathal Brugha Barracks. While we might be low on bodies we have some excellent equipment and everyone is most welcome to check us out.
      Bohs till I die

Comment

Please note the 11th CIS open day for 9/4/05 has now been unfortunately deferred to a later date. I will advise of the rescheduled date when it is confirmed apologies for any inconvenience caused out.
        Bohs till I die

Comment

Actually I couldn't make it this weekend anyway, but def let us know when its on.

In the mean time why not fill us in a bit on what you lot get up to on training nights, weekends and camps.

Comment

Well keeping all BS to minimum we do quite a bit unlike what others might think. Because our role is largley supportive, it mostly goes unnoticed. Recruit training is the standard infantry stuff which we all go through. 2 star training then goes onto Radio and Network modules which are fairly comprehensive and is modelled on the PDF syllabus purely because all comms has to be up-to-date (though we do get some shit gear sometimes). We keep a good level of tactics when we get the bods but because of the units technical nature, people often decide they'd prefer to do something else and leave. NCO's are standard infantry trained and then technically trained. We have some great NCO's and officers and then some of empties like in every unit. Most of the instructors have outside qualifications. Strangely, some members are more Gung ho then they should be for a tech unit but it keeps a good balance. Because of the amount of qualifications both civie and military in the unit, it sounds great but its badly under-used. We are fairly thin on the ground of late but who isnt?

Comment

I fit in to the "more Gung ho then they should be for a techie" category me thinks, and have external qualifications. I be hard pushed to choose betwen CIS and a decent (active) infantry unit though.

Comment

We should see you soon then. As for the infantry, i got on great with the infantry on all excersizes ive done because im a gung ho techie. I got a bit of stick because they had no idea what we did but when they saw i could do both tech and tactical it become more of an area of conversation. Our basic qualification level for 2 star is geared close to qualifications of a platoon signaller, so your tactics has to be maintained.We get on grand with most units because they realise the importance of our role and we respect the importance of theirs. Its a strange working enviroment for the RDF. Normally its always "My boots are so much shinier then yours" but we tend to avoid that

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                  Don't listen to JAG, he's bitter... and things have changed since his time.

The RDF units are in Dublin, Limerick and Sligo, until October, and Dublin, Limerick/Cork and Athlone after that.

greetings... can you confirm please the location of the 3 fd cis after the october date, is it to be co-located between limerick & cork??? many thanks...

Comment

Is any other corp unit going to be split like this in the Southern Brigade???
                    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                    http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      Transport, Engineers, Medics, MPs...

The above already are split.

has anyone put any thought into how these split units are going to opperate? take 3rd fd cis, how will they service the new rdf, where will HQ be located, limerick or cork? are they permitted to recruit in both locations? how will rank appointments be decided? once again many thanks...

Comment

Working...
                      X