No announcement yet.

RDF battalion organisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in the Southern Brigade Big changes are afoot. The numbers of cadre staff around the country have been locked and anyone who leaves will not be replaced until the re-org is complete. RDF numbers (ie dead weight) are being slashed. Some Bn`s will disapperar and merge woth other unit that are next to them. ILL mention no names but it will be a big shock in the Southern Brigade who leaving and going. Goldie you have a fair idea who Im and what Im talking about.
    This is no Bull I got this from our PDF cadre staff (both officers and NCO`s)
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
    http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

the south is "overstaffed" with inf bn's (they have 8) so there will be a big shock as those 8 become 3. there are 54 companies in the south, this will be reduced to 27. each bde will have 27 coys
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Very true Big Al, trust me its going to be a massive shock to all onvolved. Im still revovering from it and I only heard it the day before yesterday. When certain units down here hear about it their will be sparks and Im surprised they has`nt been any yet
        All ill say is bring it on

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14

Comment

this has been known since '99, how come you are only finding out now?

Comment

I hope nothing happens to my precious unit,.....
            Dare I ask if only Inf coy's are to be affected or will other units feel the chop, ie: Medics, MP's, Signals, Transport, Engineers etc...

Comment

I second Big Al's post .... therez definitely some ostriches around !
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Well the catch is that I am not an ostrich by choice, I've just been told nothing definative.
                So who's in the know?

Comment

The Steering Group Report had a lot of this and truly it's not new ..

Strangely I cannot find this anymore on the defence.ie website...
                  and the RDFRA links don't work anymore.

This mornings competition : find a link to the report !

Hmmmm
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

It is Going to be hard to take!! Where a brigade has too many Units they will be merged it's as simple as that. 3 Inf Bn's, 1 cav sqn, 1 FAR, 1 AD Bty, 1 Fld Med Coy, 1 CIS coy, 1 COE, 1 MP coy 1 FST. The South is f*cked (way too many BN's) but perhaps merging the 12,14,15,22,23 Bn's will be better for it. I mean its not like they're gonna say "right we've decided that the 14 and 22 Bn are disbanding all members of these Bn's please hand your gear in and Collect your discharge papers!!"
                    Thinking about this makes me sweat (Who will be the New Coy Commander when you've got 2 commandants in the Same coy etc. etc.) and my unit isn't gonna change at all. The units that survive will have better numbers and its fairly obvious that the most dedicated ones from a disbanded unit will stay on.

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bailer
                      The units that survive will have better numbers and its fairly obvious that the most dedicated ones from a disbanded unit will stay on.

Sometimes people look on change as a bad thing but in this case any unit that canges like this will come out the other side a far better unit, stronger, larger and with more dedicated members. For those involved try to look on this as a change to improve rather than a black mark by your unit.

Comment

In my case I am concerned about being transferred to a different kind of unit, ie: I'm in an MP coy, I don't want to find myself in an Infantry or Air Defence unit after the reorg, if you know what I mean.
                        Does anyone know what the story is here?
                        Will some people find themselves in vastly different units after the reorg?
                        If this can't be discussed in public domain, send me a private message.

I can't be the only worried about this, we have in the south 2 Air Defence, 2 MP, 2 Medics and 2 field artillery units, if they are reducing it to one of each, there will be a lot of people chucked out of their speciality! - unless they are keeping components of each speciality in each barracks, but under the one company.

Comment

All units in the soutern brigade are going to be affected in some way or another, some more so than others. HQ`s are being moved and trust me the death nail has been set out for more than two units (ie splet up) my Bn is going to be majorily affected. We will be saying hello to a few new members form other Bn`s.

Comment

Any idea when we will be getting any definate information?

Comment

pm me with your email addresses and i will send you the reorg report

Comment

Are 9th Bn coming under southern command?
                                Attached Files
                                Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X