No announcement yet.

RDF PSO Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i have a feeling its the same course/exercise (ok kermit) but i wont put up the date just in case.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
    but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

yea,still though thats interesting, we weren't told anything bout there bein a load of people, must ask the C/O next time i'm at weekly parade
      What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
      Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

I know this is a stupid question but what does PSO stand for? Thought it was Peace Support Operation.
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Police Support Operations we were told, basically Armed checkpoints and Bank money deliveries, stuff like that i'm guessing

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by Infantry Sandbag
            so the first week is basically training for the 2nd, sounds fair enough, ibut seriously its not that hard is it,
            First lesson....

Forget everything you learned in the Reserve. The PDF run this show and won't accept excuses for something not being done. Seniority means sweet FA!!! If you are not capable of doing the job, then all the seniority in the world is not going to save you when something goes wrong.

Second lesson....

If you are an NCO or officer, just learn everything you can over and over again. Get your hands on everything you can and study it. There is nothing more damning on a PSO than not doing things properly..... ie. When your higher ups ask you for a completed ComCapRep, don't look dumb and not know what they are talking about..... have one ready and completed. If you don't know what a ComCapRep is, then I suggest you go away and find out what it is as well as every other sort of report, form, TAM etc. NCOs and officers tend to get dumped on for not knowing their stuff and it becomes glaringly obvious day 1 who knows what they are doing and who doesn't. Preparation is the key and I advise any NCO and officer going to have practised every tactical SOP and situation till your PSO pl is doing it it their collective lack of sleep.

Third lesson....

Get fit...... get VERY fit.

Comment

Police Support Operations we were told, basically Armed checkpoints and Bank money deliveries, stuff like that i'm guessing
              PEACE SUPPORT OPS.

Comment

ok, cheers, is there anything in particular i can learn or do as i'm only a Pte,

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

drop trou
                  It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

PSO Exercise doesn't involve me but what is a ComCapRep?
                    Last edited by DeV; 4 April 2005, 20:29.

Comment

eh?

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Communications Capability Report- what we got to talk with.

Commanders Capbadge Report?- For when the C/O loses his beret

Combat Capability Report- what we got to fight with

Comment

ok, cheers, is there anything in particular i can learn or do as i'm only a Pte,
                          Yes.... get fit and learn how to follow orders.

Also, a lot of initiative is pushed down due to casualties (both real and Ex). You will need to know how to do the job of at least 2 levels above you (Sect IC and 2IC). There tends to be enough cpls to cover a sgt, however I did see a pl that had lost both Officer and sgt and had a cpl as acting pl commander. You would be surprised how quickly you get shoved up through the ranks..... Learn how to be a cpl.

Comment

how 2 be a crpl, thats not 2 bad seein as people r askin me what to do anyway most of the time, but bein on the grounds different, never been properly out on the ground

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
                              PSO Exercise doesn't me but what is a ComCapRep?
                              It is one of those reports that one has to fill out if one takes PWs. same as other reports like conRep (contact report), SitRep etc.

Comment

Combat captive/capture report

didn't think of that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X