RDF PSO Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF PSO Course

the second week of my training camp involves doin a PSO course, just wondering if anyone can gimme some hints or tips about this course, whats involved and what i mite need for the course that kinda thing
    What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
    Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

The PSO exercise itself was always only one weeks duration,with the first week being taken up with training for it. At the moment its the closest to real soldiering that us baggers will get. Its vital that you are fit,as the days of both weeks are long,and physically intensive.

I was on the first one, 3 years ago I think. I dont remember not using any of my kit during the 2 weeks. The exercise itself involves lots of hurry up and wait too,which can be surprisingly tiring...

Then there is the water fights...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

What water fights ?...I must have missed something there...given that I've been on the PSOs for the past three years.Tell your officers to remember to bring boot polish as a cetain Lieutenant from the 13th last year nglected to polish his boots prior to a parade and put his whole platoon in the shit.

Be prepared for long spells of boredom and frustration only to be matched by the amount of people running around like headless chickens cos nobody had a clue what was going on.

There have also been sightings of naked people running around after dark!

Beware!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

ok, cheers lads sounds like i'm gonna die out there, be good fun out there though i'm sure....

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Jaysus you southerners get up to all sorts of stuff ... PSO isn't a course it's an exercise.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim
            Jaysus you southerners get up to all sorts of stuff ... PSO isn't a course it's an exercise.
            You should see what we get up to with our female relations.

Originally posted by Goldie
            Then there is the water fights...
            It's called Rain, Goldie.
            Last edited by Groundhog; 4 April 2005, 13:57.
            sigpic
            Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
            My favourite moment was when the
            Originally posted by hedgehog
            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim
              http://www.discoverynet.com/~ajsnead...1/dueling.html

Comment

so the first week is basically training for the 2nd, sounds fair enough, ibut seriously its not that hard is it,

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by Infantry Sandbag
                  so the first week is basically training for the 2nd, sounds fair enough, ibut seriously its not that hard is it,
                  From what docman has been telling me, I'm going to die a slow and painfull death, (many times) only to be revived so i can be slowly and painfully killed again. Expect pain.
                  Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                  Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                  do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Is there a point to it for reservists ?
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

its training thats bout it as far as i know

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by Infantry Sandbag
                        the second week of my training camp involves doin a PSO course, just wondering if anyone can gimme some hints or tips about this course, whats involved and what i mite need for the course that kinda thing
                        What unit are you with? Seeminly nearly everybody in the brigade is going on the same pso. I heard rumours of over 700 in a camp suitable for 200.

Any truth?
                        Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
                        but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
                        body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
                        WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

'D' Coy the 15th, Its on in Kilworth, Theres no way they'd over book a camp like that, there isn't even enough room for enough tents to hold everyone unless u like campin on a shooting range!

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Thats what i thought but stranger things have happened. Unless they want us too set up a tent village. Wouldnt do any harm too get a look at how its done on a tour.
                            Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
                            but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
                            body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
                            WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

true, but wud they be mad enough to send that many to one camp, maybe 500 but not 700 thats bit much, but come to think of it a tent village wud be quite class, u supposed to be in kilworth eswell? what date?

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Working...
                              X