Going on camp with another unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going on camp with another unit.

What is the position on going on camp with another unit without actually transferring units? Is it possible? How do you go about doing it? I'm just interested in doing this if I can't get on a course this year (apart from POTS which is on at the same time as my own units camp). Any help would be appreciated.

get a temp Detactment...
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

i know u can go on parade with other units i did it for a bit in college just 2 busy now, i don't think it'd be much different if u wanted 2 do a course
      What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
      Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

I did it last year. Was attached to another unit and they took me with them on camp. Only problem was they didn't want to pay my wages themselves so they claimed it back off my own unit. Which didn't go down well. I recon its all down to the unit you want to go on camp with. whether or not they'll take you. Shouldn't be a problem though.
        Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
        Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
        do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Units might be unwilling to give courses & camp to a 'blow-in' who isn't putting in the time with them.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

true but if ur C/o convinces them that ur good enough to tag along then surely u have a chance

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by Infantry Sandbag
              true but if ur C/o convinces them that ur good enough to tag along then surely u have a chance
              How good you are won't make a difference in most circumstances. Remember, you're looking for a slot that could be filled by one of their own. Why should they accomodate you when they could have mates looking for the same course or camp?

You have to be worth something to them, which generally means you have to be parading with them regularly & pulling your weight.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

yea thats true i suppose, dosen't bother me i have my place booked, for both camps, my training camp and the recruit camp as a work camp, so i'm happy

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by bulldemboots!
                  What is the position on going on camp with another unit without actually transferring units? Is it possible? How do you go about doing it? I'm just interested in doing this if I can't get on a course this year (apart from POTS which is on at the same time as my own units camp). Any help would be appreciated.
                  Ask someone in your Company office (be it CS, Coy 2i/c, Coy Comdr) to let you know of any courses they have been notified of and that you would be interested.

Comment

the only way ur possibly gonna get it is if ur really nice and show em u really want, even then there's still no garauntee

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

different units which are to join together are exchanging personnel for camps in the run up to the re-org. i did it last year,a few NCOs and recruits from our bn went on camp with another bn,and they sent a few of theirs down to us.

Comment

How did ye get on with that? Was it a case of 'Im in a new unit, i had better keep my head down until i figure out how they do things around here' or was it ' F**k them lets show theese assholes how training is really done' Because remember lads if you train in a new unit you have as good a clean slate as your going to get, you mightnt make friends but you'll scare their lads into getting their thumbs out
                        Factories dont burn themselves down, they need help from people like you and me.

Comment

I thought if there was space available on an exercise they'd be pleased to have someone taking up the slack no, or is it a we don't want people from another Batt. around when we're training

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

If ur going on the pots which is 2 weeks how can u go on camp aswell. Id love a job where they would give me that much holidays to play soldiers :tri:

Comment

I'm a student. Have the last 11 days in May free and all of June and most of July free. Any offers?

Comment

Working...
                              X