Issue Parade Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue Parade Boots

I re-enlisted to the RDF last year. Got new army number etc and was issued kit. Was given everything I was entitled to - except boots.

I've got size 13 feet and my quartermaster maintains that he could not source that size. Surely I am not the only person in the RDF with big feet!

The boots I am currently wearing were issued during my previous period of enlistment. They are falling apart and the leather is ruined so it is next to impossible to bull them properly.

Some of the lads in my unit have suggested parading in a pair of runners - they recon this will force the cadre staff to source boots for me.

I take a lot of pride in my uniform and I don't want to resort to such measures!

What are my options?

Apart from turning up for parade like this

I also had this "problem". When I joined I was a size 12.....was the butt of the usual feeble jokes....paint your feet black......wear the shoe boxes.....get the boxes towed up the liffey by army barges etc.

Kermits advice is good.

I would also suggest you arrive late for parade and run into the pl as it is being inspected wearing runners. The boots are there, put the pressure on your cq via your officers, you will get them.

When I left 26 years later I was a size 15. I was able to get this size no problem with my "negotiating skills."

(ps the feet ratio rumour is incorrect, as one recruit said to me as I was getting out of the shower "are the showers cold sgt?" )

Comment

turn up to training in civvies
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

He needs to attract attention, not blend in and wont stand out like a sore thumb turning up in civvies.

Comment

We had a similar issue recently in relation to smocks. The PDF Q said there were no smocks of size S available anywhere,no matter how often we asked.

Then one night the Coy commander done an inspection. It was still late winter,and we had recruits parading,and training outside with pullovers,and no smocks.

They had smocks the following week.

Parading in Runners is the option. The boots are available. Its just a queation of looking fdor them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

You could do what Tom Hanks did in Cast Away and cut the toes off the boots

They'll be like Parade Sandles
            "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

The clothing stores Inventory Management system has a search facility so large boots are not be too difficult to source. If the item is not available on the system a request to the Bde Logs Officer will produce results.

The two steps I have outlined take a little extra effort to the norm. If you have a less than well motivated cadre staff you could have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by B Inman
                The clothing stores Inventory Management system has a search facility.
                Aha. Go into your cq and tell him to "use the search function".

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua
                  Aha. Go into your cq and tell him to "use the search function".

The two steps I have outlined take a little extra effort to the norm. If you have a less than well motivated cadre staff you could have a problem

Comment

If you have a less than well motivated cadre staff
                    is there any other type
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Thanks for suggestions lads.
                      Last edited by IHatePukes; 14 April 2005, 00:19.

Comment

boot size question

im lookig to buy a pair of boots, the ones i have come across are wrote as "size 43 german"
                        I was wondering if anyone knew the conversion to our irish shoe size or UK sizes?
                        The google search proved useless.

Thanks to anyone who knows.
                        Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Originally posted by Darksaga View Post
                          im lookig to buy a pair of boots, the ones i have come across are wrote as "size 43 german"
                          I was wondering if anyone knew the conversion to our irish shoe size or UK sizes?
                          The google search proved useless.

Thanks to anyone who knows.
                          Wha ????? You're taking the mick, aren't you... ? :confused:

I found tons of links. Click on the link below and take your pick...

Having said that, I got two different sizes on two different sites.
                          One said the European size 43 was a UK 8 1/2. The other said it was a size 9.

EDIT: OK, make that two hits.
                          The site below says a European 43 is a UK size 8 1/2. For a boot, will probably need a size 9

Last edited by Truck Driver; 11 September 2007, 03:14.
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

haha, thanks mate, i was useing the wrong sugestions for the convertors, thje only 2 i could find was EU shoe size to american.

I take a size 10 so i guess a size 8.5 might be bit snug.
                            Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Originally posted by Darksaga View Post
                              I take a size 10 so i guess a size 8.5 might be bit snug.
                              That would be a 44 1/2 or a 45 then...
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                              X