No announcement yet.

Marketing the reserve Part 1 [ Attractors,Drivers and negatives ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo20 informs me there is some small change en-route on recruit processing. I will let him inform you.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      Bravo20 informs me there is some small change en-route on recruit processing. I will let him inform you.
      And what might that be....? PM if you don't feel it should be made public at this
      time....
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Will they introduce the "Earn your beret" element that the PDF are trying to do maybe
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
          Will they introduce the "Earn your beret" element that the PDF are trying to do maybe
          Can you elaborate on this? My guess is that recruits are in bush hats up to a certain point in their training,
          then are issued their beret, to mark the milestone in their training, in the manner of many SF units.
          Am I on the right track here?

Unfortunately, the last time I saw this done, it was nothing to do with "earn your beret", more so due
          to a shortage of berets.
          Last edited by Truck Driver; 23 February 2007, 17:52.
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• For the past year or so, PDF personnel don't get their beret until they pass out and are upgraded to Pte 2*, up untill then all they have is a bush hat.

Comment

• it hurst how new I am...

anyway, I put in an application for the RDF in castlebar last september and got a call back 4 days ago to say it had been processed,but I moved to dublin in the meantime. Got a job up here and swords and I don't know what to do now. I won't be talking to the officer again until tuesday so I need to figure out if I'm going to move back... :(
              If God made man, then Smith and Weston made us equal...

Comment

• TD is right, this is only due to the fact that there aren't enough berets around.

Comment

• should go back to CTDs or BTC as they are now known..if you don't pass at that level..you don't pass.

Speaking from expirinece and two years in ..the BTC in the south have been sending back recruits from Bere island..and the standard of training is shite....the heresy that is being preached..the misinformation that is being passed on...they may have been 'passed out' of that system..but from what I am expierincing to convert to them to three stars its absolute nonsense...
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Isn't Bere Island just a recruit camp?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      And what might that be....? PM if you don't feel it should be made public at this
                      time....
                      The recruit process isn't changing. There is going to be a marketing campaign in September for the RDF (Don't know the details yet). Also a program is being developed to allow a certain level of training during the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                        The recruit process isn't changing. There is going to be a marketing campaign in September for the RDF (Don't know the details yet). Also a program is being developed to allow a certain level of training during the process.
                        Will this campaign have any input from the RDF or turn into a copy of the last one where little imput resulted in a campaign largely removed from the reality?

Comment

• As I said before, I don't know the details of the campaign. I hope they "launch" the campaign properly. As regards input from RDF personell, again I have no information. The only thing I am certain of is that no one has asked me for input (not that I am expecting nor that I should to be asked for an input).

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
                            Will this campaign have any input from the RDF or turn into a copy of the last one where little imput resulted in a campaign largely removed from the reality?
                            What really got me was the "If interested ring 1800-123-456" part that led nowwhere. Also the www.military.ie part when there is almost no RDF info on military.ie. It pointed towards the nationwide aspect of the RDF with little reference to local recruiting when there IS NO nationwide effort and all recruiting being local. I mean, from the ads and literature there was no way you could actually get recruited if you followed the ways listed in the literature. Instead you had to find out yourself where to go. It worked when local units had a recruitment drive in conjuntion with the campaign where people didn't have to go looking for the info. I lost count of how many people told me that the numbers didn't work or the website had little info.

If they are really behind this campaign, they should have a dedicated website with relevant info (maybe along the lines of the S Bde website). Recruitment leaflets should have a large blank page or space so units could stamp their particuliar details on the leaflet. Phone numbers need to lead somewhere or even better, no phone no.s. The campaign needs to be designed with the RDF in mind - their needs and quirks - rather than being an different form of the PDF campaign.
                            Last edited by Docman; 26 February 2007, 15:27.

Comment

• That S Bde website is very good! I've noticed that a lot of small units are setting up their own websites (eg. 31st cav, 32nd inf, 62nd inf) with lots of details and info. Maybe this could be encouraged and published in the leaflets...........

Comment

• Well perhaps the following :

Map display of ROI zoomable with when you click on an area the local units appear [ for example my own patch would have more than 1 sub-unit ] with the Corps available, what parade nights and so forth. Not particularly difficult for an experienced webhead

Email addresses should be provided and should route to a guaranteed address [ for example if the sub-unit concerned had no email ] then it could be faxed from the back-end to the orderly room

Phones if not answered could route the voicemails as .wav attachments to an email address.

just a few thoughts that could be done with existing tech.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X