Boonie Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boonie Hats

Well we've seen em, we've wanted em but i cant source em. Maybe this has been discussed before (Sorry) but it seems that the issue about these Boonie hats is serious since many of the PDF seem to be wearing the English one aswell. (Note this months An Cosantoir) Ive heard that its just the DPM converted into a hat. Can anybody source these Hats or is it another piece of kit that the fairies seem to make?

Also what substitute hat do you wear or recommend?

Mine is currently US Woodland and works fairly well but id like to get my hands on a proper one

Originally posted by Crapbag
    Well we've seen em, we've wanted em but i cant source em. Maybe this has been discussed before (Sorry) but it seems that the issue about these Boonie hats is serious since many of the PDF seem to be wearing the English one aswell. (Note this months An Cosantoir) Ive heard that its just the DPM converted into a hat. Can anybody source these Hats or is it another piece of kit that the fairies seem to make?

Also what substitute hat do you wear or recommend?

Mine is currently US Woodland and works fairly well but id like to get my hands on a proper one
    Irish DPM bush hats are like golddust. If you manage to get one, staple it to your head.

I'm also using a US woodland one, purchased from FMolloy. Excellent hat, much better than some I've seen, and doesn't look gank with Irish DPM, unlike Brit pattern bush hats.

Comment

Some units can get them. Next time you go on the ground wear a berret and see what happens. Has that worked for anyone yet?

Comment

Next time you go on the ground wear a berret and see what happens.
        Thats one sure way of getting stung with a duty :O.

I had a very good US woodland bush hat which got swiped. I'm stuck with the ugliest brit DPM bush hat in existence now.
        "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
        - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldemboots!
          Next time you go on the ground wear a berret and see what happens.
          you will get told to turn it inside out so the shiney cap bage wont be seen and you will look like a parisian artist. seen a group of pdf on the ground with the boonie hats they certainly look the buisness
          got one of F molloys us ones A1 bit of kit but i would certainly get one in paddy flage if available
          "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

aa
            Last edited by Troddyn; 24 November 2005, 12:03.

Comment

theres a shop in clonmel that sells bush hats that look like a cross between french and US woodland.there about 4euro i had 2 of them 1 was nicked .i cant rember the name of the place.
              Last edited by Guest; 2 May 2005, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox
                you will get told to turn it inside out so the shiney cap bage wont be seen and you will look like a parisian artist. seen a group of pdf on the ground with the boonie hats they certainly look the buisness
                got one of F molloys us ones A1 bit of kit but i would certainly get one in paddy flage if available
                The use of the term "Paddyflage" needs to be banned.
                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox
                  you will get told to turn it inside out so the shiney cap bage wont be seen and you will look like a parisian artist.
                  Wouldn't it be easier to take the capbadge off and put it in your pocket?

Comment

the brim on our boonie hats are way to wide, you have to get them taken in, and there doesnt seem to be any reall trouble in gettin them either,

do rdf get issued with them or rather shoud the rdf get issued with them,,
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I disagree with the "It doesnt matter what the camo looks like comment". Camo should be integral. People stand out a mile if they have different very different camo. The Brit hat is a prime example as the eye responses to difference in shade,its why its the first thing we notice. especially as head gear! I heard that they cost less than the beret to manufacture, so whats the problem?

Comment

i got two!! ONE OF THE LADS GOT THEM MADE OUT OF "SURPLUS" dpm and a real issue one from a friend of a friend (10 of them to be exact) but can't get them for love or money . usmc do a sympatex version in french camo and its not too bad . they also do normal types check out www.usmcpro.com
                        :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Whats molloy charging for the US ones?

Comment

aa
                            Last edited by Troddyn; 24 November 2005, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger McGee
                              Whats molloy charging for the US ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X