Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeV
    replied
    Put plain & simply the DF refuses to recognise civvy qualifications within the RDF (overseas MAY soon lead to alteration of that policy). There used to be NCEF conversion courses not sure if there will be any again but if there was was it would be a case of making sure you have the qualifiy criteria & having them completed prior to the closing date (which you may only get to hear about after the course has started). Rant over!

Leave a comment:

• thedollar
    Lieutenant

• thedollar
    replied
    I don't know if anything has been put in place yet. The only thing that has been done so far is the RDF PTL course in the DFTC that ran for 2 weeks back in June/July. There is a document floating around for people with certain qualifications being fastracked on a PTS course, but I don't think the criteria has been decided yet. Annoy your cadre for info, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Jereth
    replied
    I realise that Hedgehog already mentioned that the DF holds a conversion course for those holding the NCEF qualification but that was three years ago and maybe, just maybe things have changed...?

I'm currently doing NCEF in my college course and as wondering is it a recognised qualification in the DF? I heard during the summer that it was but quite simply, I always assume that civvie qualifications are just not recognised in the DF...

Leave a comment:

• thedollar
    Lieutenant

• thedollar
    replied
    I'd better look that up then, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    TI 2002 is old now its 2/2007 I think.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    Captain

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Would have thought the Magnums would make it easier to do combat runs in boots, as
    against destroying feet in 24B's...

Leave a comment:

• thedollar
    Lieutenant

• thedollar
    replied
    Also, yes a PTI makes out a training programme, but once you adhere to it, a PTL can take a session as per TI 2002 (Revised), eg. combat run in combats and runners (No boots/ or PLCE).

Leave a comment:

• thedollar
    Lieutenant

• thedollar
    replied
    If you want to be exact, when I done my PTL course it was run according to TI 2002 (Revised). Of course the course would have to be authorised, but once that is the case a PTI can run it.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    Originally posted by thedollar View Post
    I am open to correction on this, but I think it's sufficient for any PTI to run a PTL course and on completion, seek to have PTL's certified through the BPEO.
    You are 100% correct

but only in the bit where youstate you are open to correction

ALL Course in teh Defence Forces are run under the guidance of an approved syllabus

and TC/TI 's

You cannot simply run a course without the approval of the higher ups

A PTL Course CAN be run under the auspices of D Trg who wil appoint a qualified PT

Officer to supervise the course.

There are a list of criteria that enables a student to undertake a PTL Course.

Simply being a PTL does not mean you can go out and run the troops around

a PTL Operates under the supervision of a PTI or a PTS

unless it has changed in the last couple of months a PTL cannot make out training

programmes etc.

apart from the initial smart answer I hope this is of some help

Leave a comment:

• thedollar
    Lieutenant

• thedollar
    replied
    PTL course

I am open to correction on this, but I think it's sufficient for any PTI to run a PTL course and on completion, seek to have PTL's certified through the BPEO.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Who is qualified to run a PTL course - any PTI or must be run by DFPES? (gueuine question)

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    Ex-bagger

• Big Al
    replied
    Originally posted by cooley View Post
    This is really something that needs to be sorted.

Fitness (along with discipline & skills) is a key part of military training. RDFRA should be making this a key issue in my opinion.

It's not that big a deal to teach fit and well motivated NCO's / Officers how to lead a section / platoon in a run and warm them up and down and a few other exercises. Surely it could be covered in a two week course run by the parent unit's PTI's. Some RDF units even have their own PTI cadre who could teach it.

As others have said an NCO can bring his troops on the ground and run them, and put them through heavy physical activity carrying heavy loads but can't bring them for a light run in runners and shorts.

When I tell people I know in other armies I'm embarassed when they ask what the fitness training is like in our reserve and have to say there is none. A thundering disgrace you might say, to use that famous quote.
    no doubt its some insurance reason that prevents it

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    Teuton Foot Soldier

• ZULU
    replied
    Our Integrated Pln PDF Training NCO's are organising a PTL course for the Pln. Hopefully if successful it will be a huge benefit when the Pln recycles back into the RDF unit as the Pln is made of NCOs.

Leave a comment:

• cooley
    replied
    This is really something that needs to be sorted.

Fitness (along with discipline & skills) is a key part of military training. RDFRA should be making this a key issue in my opinion.

It's not that big a deal to teach fit and well motivated NCO's / Officers how to lead a section / platoon in a run and warm them up and down and a few other exercises. Surely it could be covered in a two week course run by the parent unit's PTI's. Some RDF units even have their own PTI cadre who could teach it.

As others have said an NCO can bring his troops on the ground and run them, and put them through heavy physical activity carrying heavy loads but can't bring them for a light run in runners and shorts.

When I tell people I know in other armies I'm embarassed when they ask what the fitness training is like in our reserve and have to say there is none. A thundering disgrace you might say, to use that famous quote.

Leave a comment:

• Liachta Cultaca
    BQMS

• Liachta Cultaca
    replied
    Originally posted by Parts View Post
    Two RDF NCOs were on that PTL course, and they both passed, afaik.
    I think we need to have a centrally ran course by DFPES to train selected RDF personnel in all the brigades to PTL level not just the lads in the BTC.

Also recognition of civilian qualifications.

I been saying this for the last 3 years - I know plenty of RDF personnel who will snigger and laugh when you suggest that PT tests should be mandatory for all course even brigade ran recruit courses.

Soldiers need to be fit end of story.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X