Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZH195
    Guest replied
    Privately, it costs between 1600 and 1800 euro and can be done at the National Training Centre in Dublin

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    replied
    How much did the private course cost?

Who did you do it with?

Leave a comment:

• Liachta Cultaca
    replied
    A PTL or (PT Leader) works under the supervision of a PTI or a PTS ( PT Supervisor) - all Potential NCO's do a PTL course- then some do a PTS course and then after a year the PTS's can go on the PTI Cse.

Course length for a PTL is 2 weeks.

So the PTL course should be open to the RDF.
    Last edited by Liachta Cultaca; 6 May 2005, 10:45.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by hedgehog
    there are a few Non NCO PTI's but they have done there course a while ago, nowadays the requirement is you become a PTL (only NCO's) and then go and do a PTS cse and then after a years experience do the PTI cse,
    it would be a foolish NCO who would let a private double time any body and a clown of a one to let a private supervise calastethics

if someone has the Jane Fonda course done in civy street thats fine, but hte PTI/PTS/PTL course is more concerned with soldiers PT, which involves basic stuff like tumbling, rope climbing, the balance beam and the vaulting horse,

its not all the glamorous stuff of running around a barracks

every so often the army run a conversion course for those who have the NCEF cse

be exceptionally careful in this day and age about PT training
    Whats the difference in what PTLs / PTSs / PTIs can do with troops?
    Can a NCOs (who ISN'T any of the above) ar solar troops?

Leave a comment:

• ZH195
    Guest replied
    Im currently doing the NCEF course. It would be an idea to take on a few fitness instructors in the RDF for some basic PT..

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    there are a few Non NCO PTI's but they have done there course a while ago, nowadays the requirement is you become a PTL (only NCO's) and then go and do a PTS cse and then after a years experience do the PTI cse,
    it would be a foolish NCO who would let a private double time any body and a clown of a one to let a private supervise calastethics

if someone has the Jane Fonda course done in civy street thats fine, but hte PTI/PTS/PTL course is more concerned with soldiers PT, which involves basic stuff like tumbling, rope climbing, the balance beam and the vaulting horse,

its not all the glamorous stuff of running around a barracks

every so often the army run a conversion course for those who have the NCEF cse

be exceptionally careful in this day and age about PT training

Leave a comment:

• Chief Bubblewrap
    replied
    That's a negatory good buddy.
    They have to do a course.

However, any nco is allowed to march troops ar sodar (as far as i know, jump in and correct me if i'm wrong), which some people get sniffy about. It's a drill movement. Also, they're allowed to do some core stability excercises, like making troops hold a rifle out from their body for 30/60 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Its a pity we really need PTI.
    Just a question are all PDF NCOs PTI's????

Leave a comment:

• Chief Bubblewrap
    replied
    To my knowledge there are no RDF PTI courses, and civvie courses are not recognised. The reserve needs reserve PTIs. This is a major issue that is not being addressed because PDF PTIs are browning their trousers at the prospect of being replaced by a sandbag.

As with most problems in the army, common sense is thown out the window.

Leave a comment:

• Liachta Cultaca
    replied
    I know members of the 25th Bn who were able to take Minor PT classes

Any members of the 25th Bn have any other news of this?
    Last edited by Liachta Cultaca; 5 May 2005, 20:00.

Leave a comment:

• The Joker
    replied
    Who did you do the course with?

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    replied
    Originally posted by kermit
    Allegedly he did a PTI course also.
    Yes, I did a PTI cse.......a civilian one. There are PTIs outside the army as well. PTI is part of the all incompassing civilian HFI qualification (Health & Fitness instructor). I have never used my qualification in the Army but hope to some day if recognised.

Leave a comment:

• ZH195
    Guest replied
    Is it possible to enter the PDF as a physical training instructor?

Leave a comment:

• Steamy Window
    replied
    He did a civvie course in Dublin...

Leave a comment:

• Liachta Cultaca
    replied
    Originally posted by kermit
    Ask docman, he did one.
    LC goes to ask Docman

Thanks

Kermit