Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    There's a PTS Course starting up soon in the East.

Although it's only being advertised in PDF Units AFAIK, it could still be at least worth a try for any RDF PTL's to try get on it.
    Last edited by Hello Alaska; 16 September 2008, 19:09.

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    replied
    6 weeks continuous - you're right, I shouldn't have written "quite easily". The general view after the PTL course this year was that those who passed should go on to joint a PTS course run for PDF - I don't think theres any idea of having a specific RDF PTS course as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by concussion View Post
    PTS course is 6 (or 8, I don't exactly remember) weeks on top of a PTL so it's quite easily attainable for RDF.
    6 weeks CONTINUOUS or MODULARISED ?

If the former, I dunno what kind of job you have !!!

Only students on their summer hols would be able to make a 6 weeks
    continuous committment

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    replied
    Originally posted by concussion View Post
    The DF used to take persons with NCEF quals, this is no longer happening.
    PT Supervisors can take battle pt.
    They used to recognise PDF with civvie qualifications (prob required a bit of extra training). RDF were not recognised. RDFRA attempted it several times but were continuously turned down. Don't know if any RDF ever had their qualification recognised.

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    replied
    Originally posted by Jereth View Post
    The DFTC ran a PTL course for two weeks? Any chance this is going to be an annual thing...? And AFAIK you must be an NCO to go on such courses... true?
    The Physical Educational School ran the same PTL course which has been run for PDF but this time for RDF. Students were Corporals, Sergeants and Lieutenants (as well as a Leading Seaman and a Sub-Lieutenant )

It just sounds to me like the DF needs to recognise civvie qualifications to a degree(just the basics-stretching, warm up, light jogs in runners and tracksuits and some basic core exercises) considering the obvious problem with the PTI course being 16-weeks long...
    What you've described is the 2 week PTL course.

Originally posted by mowaghead View Post
    My understading is that the army is in the process of recognising the NCEF and then perhaps anyone who has completed this may be able to undergo a module in DFPCS on combat PTs.
    PTL - Screen, Warm up, Run, Cool down, Post screen only
    PTS - Up to circuit trg and making pers programmes
    PTI - Everything including combat PTs
    The DF used to take persons with NCEF quals, this is no longer happening.
    PT Supervisors can take battle pt.

PTS course is 6 (or 8, I don't exactly remember) weeks on top of a PTL so it's quite easily attainable for RDF.

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    It depends. There is training, and then there is validation.

There is also the way the army "want it done" . By doing it themselves they get this.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    When I've completed the NCEF I will be qualified to conduct circuit training on civilians, I simply can't see why the DF can't recognise this within the DF. I'm aware there is military circuits but if one is qualified to instruct a circuits class and coduct a fitness test, why not recognise this. I would of course realise that the DF would maybe want to observe my own competency in such things and would examine me accordingly...
    What I'm suggesting is that an RDF person with an NCEF qualifiation and a PTL course behind them(I'm assuming that places on those courses will be more favourable to those who already hold Ex&Fitness qualifications) should be able to do up to what is suggested for a PTS above...
    That would involve a bit of thought though!

Leave a comment:

• Jereth
    replied
    Originally posted by mowaghead View Post
    My understading is that the army is in the process of recognising the NCEF and then perhaps anyone who has completed this may be able to undergo a module in DFPCS on combat PTs.
    When I've completed the NCEF I will be qualified to conduct circuit training on civilians, I simply can't see why the DF can't recognise this within the DF. I'm aware there is military circuits but if one is qualified to instruct a circuits class and coduct a fitness test, why not recognise this. I would of course realise that the DF would maybe want to observe my own competency in such things and would examine me accordingly...
    What I'm suggesting is that an RDF person with an NCEF qualifiation and a PTL course behind them(I'm assuming that places on those courses will be more favourable to those who already hold Ex&Fitness qualifications) should be able to do up to what is suggested for a PTS above...

Leave a comment:

• mowaghead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• moss
    replied
    As mentioned earlier the DF do not recognise civvie pt courses. The DF has mentioned about the idea of recognising civvie qualifications but I wouldnt hold my breath, there is an issue of battle Pt which is only conducted by the DFPES. Just to clarify RDF PTL's can carry out low level Pt training without supervision. The Pt concept paper refers to the overall aim of the reserve becoming self sufficient with qualified PTS and PTI's but again this wont happen overnight. Change is a a slow thing PTL's are a step in the right direction PTS and PTI's will follow in time. It is envisaged that a PTL course will be run on an annual basis.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied
    Out of curiosity, what does battle PT entail..?
    I'm sure Hello Alaska will be in throwing breaks about it soon enough, I'll let him explain.

Leave a comment:

• Jereth
    replied
    Out of curiosity, what does battle PT entail..?

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied
    There is a basic problem with people saying "I have a civvie PTI qualification, they should recognise it" - the army wants military PTIs, so unless your PTI course included such fun topics as battle PT, it's useless for military purposes.

Leave a comment:

• Jereth
    replied
    The DFTC ran a PTL course for two weeks? Any chance this is going to be an annual thing...? And AFAIK you must be an NCO to go on such courses... true?

To be honest mot RDF units just don't have a PTI and/or PTS to supervise a PTL, so won't many people off these courses just simply be RTU'ing and still not able to do anything with the troops..?

It just sounds to me like the DF needs to recognise civvie qualifications to a degree(just the basics-stretching, warm up, light jogs in runners and tracksuits and some basic core exercises) considering the obvious problem with the PTI course being 16-weeks long...

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    replied
    Those with NCEF quals used to be able to convert to PTI but from what I heard in DFPES this summer there's problems with accreditation etc and it's not being done anymore/for the foreseeable future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X