X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Duffman View Post
    ...I know the BTC staff have done courses, but as for the rest of the RDF is there anything available? ...
    Originally posted by womble View Post
    or maybe just the good old fashioned "follow me" as the NCO speeds off leaving a heap of puffing and panting soldiers straggling behind him or her.
    I've seen some of the BTC staff and quite frankly they all look like they have one foot in the grave.

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Originally posted by womble View Post
    or maybe just the good old fashioned "follow me" as the NCO speeds off leaving a heap of puffing and panting soldiers straggling behind him or her.

I know if the DF ever made the mistake of giving me stripes I would use sly tactics like that to get the energy leveles up a bit
    If they gave you stripes Farmbgas, recruitment would go down....... Rather sharply

Leave a comment:

• womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Duffman View Post
    Maybe this will lead to more inventive ways to excercise troops on the sly. Extended periods of ar sodar, pro-longed advances to contact under duress...at speed when practicing section attacks, continuous practice of bear/leopard crawls

I know if the DF ever made the mistake of giving me stripes I would use sly tactics like that to get the energy leveles up a bit

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    the month previous being july and the next is september...now that we've cleared that up, of what relevance is that to this issue?

Leave a comment:

• Vickers
    replied
    This is the month of August!

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    just wondering has there been any movement on a PTL course for the RDF? I know the BTC staff have done courses, but as for the rest of the RDF is there anything available? As considering that now there is a fitness requirement for POTs courses etc. It does not make much sense that they expect people to meet required levels with-out the appropriate instruction and training made available to them!

Maybe this will lead to more inventive ways to excercise troops on the sly. Extended periods of ar sodar, pro-longed advances to contact under duress...at speed when practicing section attacks, continuous practice of bear/leopard crawls

Leave a comment:

• Slaphead
    replied
    Completely agree that RDF should have full access to PTL/PTS/PTI courses.The PTL is a short and relatively easy course which lets you bring troops for a basic warm up,run,cool down which in my exprience anyway I never I never had in the RDF and fitness is an essential part of soldiering.

Leave a comment:

• Parts
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by hedgehog
    there is no logical reason why rdf members cannot do the PTL course- in fact there is one scheduled for the PDF pot cse very shortly, so all it takes is a little lobbying and interviewing with CO's etc, to make the case and join in the course-
    I actually think its the way we should be going and i hope it happens
    Two RDF NCOs were on that PTL course, and they both passed, afaik.

Leave a comment:

• T.I.M.
    replied
    What happened to the BTC(D)?

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Two Instructors from E Bde Res BTC are presently on the course, which finishes today

Leave a comment:

• flash bang
    replied
    i've been told that members of the btc are goin on this course

Leave a comment:

• Liachta Cultaca
    replied
    In this months Connect there is a PTL course advertised. Anyone interested could contact their cadre staff to see if RDF places were allocated

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    there is no logical reason why rdf members cannot do the PTL course- in fact there is one scheduled for the PDF pot cse very shortly, so all it takes is a little lobbying and interviewing with CO's etc, to make the case and join in the course-
    I actually think its the way we should be going and i hope it happens

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca
    A PTL or (PT Leader) works under the supervision of a PTI or a PTS ( PT Supervisor) - all Potential NCO's do a PTL course- then some do a PTS course and then after a year the PTS's can go on the PTI Cse.

Course length for a PTL is 2 weeks.

So the PTL course should be open to the RDF.
    Thats where I was getting confused.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    PTI course is around 16 weeks long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X