No announcement yet.

All Army 2oo5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My apologies to the twenty fifth.....too many twenty somethings in the competition and that was only the competitors.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Not being synical...but how come the ALL Army falling plates prize..not the money..the crystal..has been the same since 1997..did the army get a job lot cheap. I've only got two but they are exactly the same...and they were not especially commissioned for the event.

Thorpe thanks for the comments and your support as ever.

Interesting to note that some of the times registered today were up to 10 seconds faster than the same event three years ago..definetely the standard is improving and i heard some of the senior PDF officers on the range commenting on the fact maybe its time the PDF and RDF entered into competition against each other.
      Please note that the winning times are not completely reflective of some other great times that were run on individual runs by units but merely reflect the consistency of the units that were fortunate enough to win.

Any team that competes at this level is in itsel well worthy of praise as they are amongts the best in their brigade to do so.

Finally the competition wouldn't take place without all the teams that run at the lower levels..for the want of a better word...and without them the competition would cease to exist. Thanks all round .
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Only 2

Comment

And how many have you?

I will be the first to admit that until the advent of the Steyr I was not in the same league as those who had persevered with the .303 and the FN...but given that it was my mid thirties before I started to shoot competively...I'm happy enough.
          Iwon't be firing on plates competively again as my time has come and its time for the younger guys to fill the places .....20 seconds at 38 years of age just ain't healthy...so i'm trying for something new next year.

Comment

None, am the first to admit I am far from a good shot, there isn't a lot of competition to get on my units shooting team due to lack of personnel

Well done, fair play

Comment

Actullay its come to light that 3 cav are the only unit in the south to have competed in the all army falling plates continously since 2000....

the 13th bn hold the record for wins

the 3rd cav are second

and besides various artillery units 3rd cav are the only corps unit and certainly the smallest unit in the RDF to have won all army falling plates...let alone having won it 3 times....and i've been on two off those teams and competed 3 times in 4 years.

Comment

Lack of personnel...ah! i know it well and its not getting any better! hopefully this will cahnge with the reorg and reintroduce interest into competitions. Shooting is no longer the Holy Grail it used to be....I think the Saab Scania type range would be far more entertaining and appreciated as a military skill and should be incorporated into any new format for RDF shooting.

thanks Dev..appreciate the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpe
                  BAP Team.
                  1st 15 Inf Bn. 2nd. 9 Inf Bn.

Ah i see the lads scooped up the Bap yet again, nice.
                  What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
                  Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Congrats to the 3rd Cav on winning the falling plates. Hopefully we'll meet again in next years competition albeit under different banners
                    Last edited by mac dara; 23 May 2005, 19:58.

Comment

I wonder how will the shoot work next year?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well done to all the Winners. Wasn't at the races myself on the Day and thanks to Kermit for putting me down as a Pte on the Scorebord. Then Lt. Gen.
                        Apart from the Weather it was a great weekend!
                        Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Am I right in thinking that E Brigade had no representation in the winners enclosure?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

You are Right Goldie, However it seems there was no one from the West or the NSR in there either, The Locals Ran away with it...again.
                            Last edited by Bailer; 24 May 2005, 13:44.
                            Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

I don't think the format of of the competitions will change much.

The system of buys into the different rounds is a bit lopsided as it unfairly discriminates against units ,not in a contrived way ,but who would like to get warm up runs and settle any people who would like to sttle their nerves.

I know that the 22nd were a bit put out by this and I agree with their point. Unfortunately having only six teams qualifiying from 3 brigades cause sthis problem.

Comment

well done 3 cav, all new unit names next year

Comment

Working...
                                X