Death of Med Coys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of Med Coys

With the Re-org do any of the other medics feel we come out bad considering we have lost our identity. Medics isnt the first thing that comes to my mind when you say Logs to me but it is in the US DOD definition of logistics

The science of planning and carrying out the movement and maintenance of forces. In its most comprehensive sense, those aspects of military operations that deal with: a. design and development, acquisition, storage, movement, distribution, maintenance, evacuation, and disposition of materiel; b. movement, evacuation, and hospitalization of personnel; c. acquisition or construction, maintenance, operation, and disposition of facilities; and d. acquisition or furnishing of services.

and what about recuitment having stuck T/S & medics together?
    I maintain the Irish Defence Forces most deadly weapon - its people

Originally posted by medivac 04
    Will the transport and medical coys not recruit seperately, in a similar fashion to coys in infantry battalions?

Comment

But Inf Bns all carry out the same task-Kill & Blow s**t up. Medics provide out of hospital care, T/S transport supply of personnel-can you see the problem?
      I maintain the Irish Defence Forces most deadly weapon - its people

Comment

No, it will still attract the same people, it won't change peoples perception of what training they want to, unless transport convince all the new recruits that steyrs, gpmgs and nissans are better then defib machines and ambulances!
        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Infantry kill stuff

ARTILLERY blow stuff up

Medic's patch up who's been blown up

Transport moves us somewhere else to start the process again.
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Exactly. You wont have the medics identity, but you'll have the training and expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by medivac 04
              With the Re-org do any of the other medics feel we come out bad considering we have lost our identity. Medics isnt the first thing that comes to my mind when you say Logs to me but it is in the US DOD definition of logistics

The science of planning and carrying out the movement and maintenance of forces. In its most comprehensive sense, those aspects of military operations that deal with: a. design and development, acquisition, storage, movement, distribution, maintenance, evacuation, and disposition of materiel; b. movement, evacuation, and hospitalization of personnel; c. acquisition or construction, maintenance, operation, and disposition of facilities; and d. acquisition or furnishing of services.

No, I am not worried about the name change. Thats all it is. We will still be medics. We will still be expected to carry out a job. We will still train along our PDF counterparts. So whats the difference?
              If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

And your PDF counterparts are also part of the Logs Bn.

Comment

Call me stupid but what is a field medical company.

Comment

They provide the medical personnel that are then attached to units of the brigade at company and battalion level, in addition to other duties (similar to a Field Ambulance in British Army).
                    Last edited by DeV; 5 October 2006, 20:26.

Comment

Working...
                    X