No announcement yet.

Nirvana.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know jag that the US national guard has volunteered for every special plympics held in America.
    The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

So does that mean that the FCA is just as good as the TA/USNG then? Schoolkids volunteered for the Special Olympics too. As did St John's ambulance etc, no?

R&S- things to do first, will keep you posted
      Take these men and women for your example.
      Like them, remember that posterity can only
      be for the free; that freedom is the sure
      possession of those who have the
      courage to defend it.
      Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
      If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasplug
        Did you know jag that the US national guard has volunteered for every special plympics held in America.

And we have won a shitload of medals in it too !!!

Later.
        No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
          Fair enough, I'm out long enough that things MAY have changed completely. As for the quota of arseholes, that was exactly why I left.

In reference to comparing to US/UK forces:

The Territorial Army & USNG went and are going to Iraq & Afghanistan.

The FCA went to the Special Olympics.

What does this tell you?
          Most instructor will tell you that A7 has ruined training in the Defence Forces. Now before anybody starts flying off the band wagon, this is what I have heard from PDF & RDF instructors. Hence there are more arseholes getting past training. Its not our fault, there are arseholes EVERYWHERE its a simple fact of life.

Oh JAG by the way there were RDF people at this years Special Olympics Regional Games. Just so you can move on from 2003
          If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
            Oh JAG by the way there were RDF people at this years Special Olympics Regional Games. Just so you can move on from 2003
            I heard. I also heard that there are TA & USNG in this years Occupation of Iraq & Afghanistan. But there are still feck all RDF in Liberia.

RDF was ruined long before A7. What the hell does A7 have to do with training standards anyway? You assess people, they pass or they fail. That has NOTHING to do with bullying.

Joker, don't forget I know exactly what standards you had to reach to become a 3*- they were the same as the ones I had to reach. I also know the standards which had to be achieved by many serving NCOs in the RDF, because I achieved them too.

Low. Depressingly low.
            courage to defend it.
            Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
              I heard. I also heard that there are TA & USNG in this years Occupation of Iraq & Afghanistan. But there are still feck all RDF in Liberia.
              So we are back to this again.....always the lowest common denominator.

This has nothing to do with the "death of the med coy".

That is something for the Reserve as a whole, however it has been mentioned several times before that medics will be among the first to go overseas when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
                That is something for the Reserve as a whole, however it has been mentioned several times before that medics will be among the first to go overseas when the time comes.
                I have been hearing the "first to go, overseas next year" bullshite since 1997. I heard from your unit in, hmm, 1999.

It's getting kind of old.
                courage to defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
                  Joker, don't forget I know exactly what standards you had to reach to become a 3*- they were the same as the ones I had to reach. I also know the standards which had to be achieved by many serving NCOs in the RDF, because I achieved them too.

Low. Depressingly low.
                  By what standards where they low???

You MAY have been able to see low standards back then, but at least I can say that I have seen the standard of training increase. You can lead a horse to water......

Comment

Originally posted by madmark
                    jag just for your info since december 1998 rdf medices have being doing ambulance skills course all people in the DF who want to become an EMT MUST DO THIS COURSE first so please dont preach about thing you know nothing about
                    Ambulance skills are ambulance skills. Fine, they put you on your way to being an EMT. Dont forget your modules in...

Introduction to Ambulance Services organisation structure and services.
                    Health and safety at work/ moving and lifting patients.
                    The management of illness and injury.
                    Special clinical situations.
                    Communication skills.
                    Special procedures.
                    Human structure and function.
                    And dont forget your in service training...
                    Emergency Department attachment.
                    Coronary Care attachment.
                    Paediatrics attachment.
                    Theatre attachment.
                    Obstetrics attachment.
                    Communications centre attachment.
                    Emergency ambulance attachment .

Now all that talk about wannabees....
                    Last edited by The Sultan; 24 June 2005, 07:08.

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
                      I have been hearing the "first to go, overseas next year" bullshite since 1997. I heard from your unit in, hmm, 1999.

It's getting kind of old.

Pot calling kettle black...

Comment

Maybe if we ignore him he will go away??
                        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Maybe if he was banned he might go away!
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Maybe discussion boards would be boring if we all agreed.

Comment

I got banned from a message board last week for disagreeing...only 29 posts(30 if you include the one that was deleted by mods)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Sounds similar to the policy of the one portrayed (at first glance) by your old avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X