• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAP competition format

can anyone post the bap format here?
    eg: 4 rds standing at 10 yrds zeroing practice etc

need to practise at home, thanks guys!

Correct me if I am wrong but that info would be classed as restircted?
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
      Correct me if I am wrong but that info would be classed as restircted?
      It is.

Ask a NCO for a gander at TM623, if they can locate a copy of it.

Comment

You've got to be joking... Someone has decided that the qualification test for the pistol is restricted!?

What possible threat to society could that be?

NTM
        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

ask me next year...I'm surunderinering my rifle title for the pistol...too old to run

On the subject of 11 cav good lads ..Cal Tank...you should be proud..I'd soldier with them any day. I gave a time with them as troop sergeant....as good as the best...
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by California Tanker
            You've got to be joking... Someone has decided that the qualification test for the pistol is restricted!?

What possible threat to society could that be?

NTM
            As with any DF manual, it is classied as restricted by the "body" that wrote it, therefore the information will not be provided in this forum, we may/may not like it that way but thats the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by Smiler
              ...need to practise at home, thanks guys!

Have you got your own BAP at home now ???
              No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Originally posted by strummer
                Have you got your own BAP at home now ???
                yes, how else could I practice?.........

Comment

Excellent !!!

Tell us how you managed to get the required license and then buy the actual pistol. I want a step by step account.

Legal handgun ownership was only a dream when I was in Ireland and I understand it is possible nowadays. I haven't actually come across anybody who actually went through the whole process...you're the first !!!

Fill me in.

Later.
                  No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

1. Join a club. You get to know people who have and shoot pistols and they will refer you to pistol dealers along with all the info you need. Life will be a lot easier if you do this first.

2.Shopping. After talking to people who own pistols and maybe fired a few different pistols yourself, you should have an idea what you want. €700 will get you something that will last you for years to come. Be weary of secondhand pistols especially if the top slide has been replaced. Moeny changes hands. Take the serial number,make and model of weapon. You don't get it yet.

3.Your local cop shop. The Superintendent of your local garda station has the final say in your quest to look like Dirty Harry. You have to provide him with all the info on the pistol and what you intend doing with it, obvious maybe but the reason you want it will go on the firearms cert,Target Shooting is what will be on it for the majority of cases,unless your a slaughterman or something of that nature.
                    If successful you get your cert.Happy days.

4.Nearly there. You now need rounds for your pistol. Getting them from the north is the best way. Unfortunately you have to apply to Westminster to transport rounds out of the uk.An Article 11 is also needed from the our Department of Justice. 2 months in total if your lucky and you are the proud owner of a pistol.

Basically get into a club and you will have no problem getting one. What I said above is a brief outline of what you need to do.

Comment

AFAIK, dealers here aren't being granted import licences for pistols (so far at least) - only individuals who've already gotten the licences for the firearm in question. Dealers can import ammunition.

obvious maybe but the reason you want it will go on the firearms cert
                      No it won't.

Basically get into a club and you will have no problem getting one.
                      I admire your optimism. I get the impression you haven't gone through the process yourself - would I be right?
                      With 50,000 men getting killed a week, who's going to miss a pigeon?

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

Comment

You would be wrong.

I have two pistols myself.

And the reason you want the pistols does go on your cert.

Comment

Fair enough.

Where on the cert?
                          With 50,000 men getting killed a week, who's going to miss a pigeon?

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

Comment

Half way down the page. "Target shooting" will be there in most cases, can't miss it. I've never seen one that said something else.

At the moment the laws governing pistol ownership and use is changing. At the moment gun dealers in this country are restricted in the amount of pistol rounds they can sell to any one person, that's why it is better to go up the north for them where it's unrestricted,once you have clearance from Westminster to export the rounds out of the UK yourself.

So before you or anyone else questions my knowledge of the subject or asks me what pistols I have, refer to my first point, join a gun club! You'll see how much it costs, club fees, firearms cert fees, price of firearms and rounds, the patience required when waiting for them to be cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
                              Half way down the page. "Target shooting" will be there in most cases, can't miss it. I've never seen one that said something else.
                              Is there some confusion here as to the purpose being on the application form as opposed to the issued cert its self?

Comment

Working...
                              X