3 star training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 star training

I'm starting my 3 star training in september and I was wondering if anyone could point me towards any good tactics resources or manuals on the net e.g. section attacks, bren manuals etc
    "I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I felt like opening the dump valves on all those oil tankers and smothering all those french beaches I'd never see."

http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/b...ead.php?t=4650
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Don't get ahead of yourself, wait until you get proper instruction from your NCO's.
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
        Don't get ahead of yourself, wait until you get proper instruction from your NCO's.
        Okay Skitt, here's what you do.

Take a deep breath and await my further instructions
        Take these men and women for your example.
        Like them, remember that posterity can only
        be for the free; that freedom is the sure
        possession of those who have the
        courage to defend it.
        Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
        If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

leave the manuals upto the instructors but if you can get your hands on a copy of the soldiers hand book its agreat help
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

You shouldn't need a bren manual, thats 2* training
            "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
            - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Privates have no use for manuals,until they are doing a Potential NCO course. End of story.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                Privates have no use for manuals,until they are doing a Potential NCO course. End of story.
                You damn well better not have exhaled yet skitt!!! I don't care if you're blue!! Blue is the colour a soldier should be!!!
                courage to defend it.
                Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.

Comment

Well not manuals exclusively of course. That was just an example of the type of thing I want. I basically would like to know the ins and outs of tactics, terminology and the like. Just so i'm not standing there on training nights avec vacant expression.
                  "I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I felt like opening the dump valves on all those oil tankers and smothering all those french beaches I'd never see."

Comment

The only terminology you will need is "Yes Corporal" "Yes Sergeant" and "Yes Sir"

Comment

You're better off waiting untill you have done the training before you start reading the manuals. The reason is that your NCO's will probably do things somewhat differently than whats in the book and you don't want to learn something the "wrong" way. If you go for the PNCO course you will get it.
                      "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy C
                        You're better off waiting untill you have done the training before you start reading the manuals. The reason is that your NCO's will probably do things somewhat differently than whats in the book and you don't want to learn something the "wrong" way.
                        Arrrrggghhh!!!

If the NCO's are doing it differently to the manual, THEY ARE DOING IT THE WRONG WAY. WTF is the manual for? Decoration?

Anyone ever hear of active learning? WTF is that? You'll never know.

Skitt. Google the FN MAG, the Steyr, fieldcraft & tactics and you'll get all the info you want, and probably far more than you'll ever get "taught" in the RDF.

Mutter mutter grumble grumble.
                        courage to defend it.

Comment

I would agree with Jimmy C to a certain degree. You are better off waiting till training starts properly.

But fair play to skitt for showing the enthusiasm. Keep it up
                          If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

If the NCO's are doing it differently to the manual, THEY ARE DOING IT THE WRONG WAY. WTF is the manual for? Decoration?
                            I totally agree, hence I put wrong in inverted comma's in my post.

Comment

tactics especially section in attack are the perfect scenario...I have never seen the perfect scenario neither have most guys who have run a section in a tack....it only works if you win....manual is merely a guideline
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X