Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPB, you stated "all medic's originate from the inf, therefore all should be trained in wpn handling".

This statement does not hold true for RDF medics.As already mentioned they do not originate from the infantry.

I did not feel the need to mention RDF medics as I thought that that was obvious, as I had referred to the only time I had seen medics being weapons trained was as part of a pots course.

I note that similar to your thread " a bit of fun for medics", the people allegedly in the know remain silent.

My original question remains unanswered.......

Regards etc

ps : As regards telling me to follow the thread I suggest you tread carefully

Comment

I am a reserve medic and have only received weapons training before going on on my Pots course. The answer to your question

"Do medics train on weapons apart from this?"- Joshua

No it is not currently part of the syllabus for medics to complete a weapons course
      I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

josh,

i do not wish to start an arguement with you, my post's were about medic's broadly and most of my experience is pdf and i also posted about other countrys medic's, the thread was leading to discussion about other non-combatants and was heading to a good discussion so don't threaten about treading lightly, you run a good board, i compliment you on that but please don't make it a case of "do as i say, not as i do".

once again keep up the good work, its a good thread,

keep safe.

Comment

JPB, my remark re treading in the thread was tongue in cheek and not to be treated as threatening.Phew....

Do PDF medics fire an annual range practice?

Regards etc

Comment

basically josh what was on the card's was that all medic's would be armed and that they would have to complete arp's, this is supposed to be the changeover to "battlefield medic's" as with 2 LSBin the east, its a good idea but as i hinted at in previous post's the unit comdr's on the ground will have to be educated on what they have, a trained person there rfor a specific job, medical and not just another rifleman, superflous to their unit, but like all thing's in the militery, this is hard to accept by some people, medics included and is very slow to get off the ground, but hopefully in the future modern thinking will prevail.

josh, as for the threat thing, man you have to laugh or you are gonna cry, all my other comment about the forum were heartfelt, cheeer's.

keep safe:D .

Comment

Medics from the medical corps do train with weapons they are soldiers first and medics second. They are allowed to use these weapons in their own self defence and the defence of their casualties. There are certain weapons that infantry medics do not carry eg GPMG, Sniping rifle, morters, anti tank weapons , heres the funny thing they are allowed to carry ammo for theos weapons. Medics idealy should only carry a side arm eg 9mm but invariably they carry an assault rifle with out a telescopic sight.

Comment

Isn't is a British Army thing where front-line soldiers get SUSAT equipped rifles, and support people get the iron-sight version.

It might also tie in with the non-offensive thing, if you consider the scope is for taking shots at longer range, something it might be hard to do defensively.

leaving off the scope is certainly also cheaper.

Comment

It's standard practice in the BA to isssue non-infantry units with SA80's equipped with carrying handles in place of the SUSAT.
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Due to cut backs they could not afford to give every squaddy a SUSAT, but really non infantry only get iron sights.

Comment

Medics from the medical corps do train with weapons
                      Says who? I know I certainly dont. We will in the future be getting weapons training. We dont even have any weapons where my HQ is, that is of course because its a hospital.:D
                      If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

You lot don't need weapons, you're a big enough danger as it is! :D
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

but joker you could probably sit for hours telling us about the wpns:D ,

keep safe

Comment

Stick to the thread.

I do the sarcasm.....

Regards etc

Comment

my sincere apologie's josh:o ,

keep safe.

Comment

If you take the initials of the the Royal Army Medical Corps, R A M C and switch them around you get C M A R. C M A R stands for Cant Manage A Rifle

Comment

Working...
                                X