New cammo plce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cammo plce

Anybody know the name of the company manufacturing the new irish dpm plce for the pdf?
    I saw it in stores with made in china on the box but no manufacturers name.
    Kinda disappointed in that it is the same as the og webbing and has not been changed to make it more modular.I cant get my head around this.All current/future missions overseas are or will be mechanised.we bought chest rigs for overseas use with the apcs as plce was impractical(having to strip down your cefo in order to sit in the bucket seats).My thinking would be that when the army knew it was running out of webbing that they could have bought a vest/modular system that could have done both jobs,also the new webbing does not take into consideration new weapons such as the m203 as there is currently no pouch to carry the m203 grenades. :confused: :confused:

Seeems like a waste of money to have to buy to different webbing systems,stupid really.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Is there not a bandolier for the 203 ammo?

You're right though, a complete waste of an opportunity. Perhaps the new body armour will feature PALS channels for the addition of modular pouches, a la the U.S.'s Interceptor vest.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

M203 ammo is carried in a bandolier.
      "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

If your standard for carrying 203 rounds is a bandoleer some off the shelf kit would be a wise purchase. Is there any kind of Tax write off for buying kit out of pocket in Ireland? Thats the only reason I can convince the wife to let me.
        When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
        All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

The only difference in the new camo plce seems to be that the ammo pouches are slighly larger helping you get mags in and out quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by ex pat 007
            If your standard for carrying 203 rounds is a bandoleer some off the shelf kit would be a wise purchase.
            I seem to remember seeing yank grenade vests (hold 24 or so 40mm grenades) on sale in a certain surplus shop in the Curragh camp

Comment

Originally posted by apod
              Anybody know the name of the company manufacturing the new irish dpm plce for the pdf?
              Westport clothing.
              sigpic
              Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
              My favourite moment was when the
              Originally posted by hedgehog
              red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Westport clothing eh?tahts interesting.the protac modular vest comes with detachable m203 pouches that take six grenades each.I know that some of the lads on the last trip to liberia were buying dropleg pouches to take the m203 ammo.
                i know that the m203 ammo comes in a bandoleer,its rubbish!
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                  I seem to remember seeing yank grenade vests (hold 24 or so 40mm grenades) on sale in a certain surplus shop in the Curragh camp
                  theres a shop in clonmel that sells the us m203 vest i have 1 ill take some pics wit my phone and try and get them on the pc
                  (edit)
                  hear we go

Last edited by Guest; 22 August 2005, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
                  X