Amalgamation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amalgamation

what do ya'll think of the re-org that the reserves are going through! personally i'm not too fond of it at all. stronger units are being immalgamated with weaker units for example the 7th FAR and the 6th FAR. i've been away with both units this summer and the 6th haven't a patch on the 7th. this could be good for the 6th, maybe they too can be made strong but their annual camp was so laid back! same as the unit i'm in were bein immalgamated with what most of us think are a weak unit, our camp this yr was a disgrace too easy! its good we get to stay in our locations but i'm just waitin for all that to change..
    Cheers Bernard......

We normally try to speak english on this site, care to help?

I'm sure our members from the 6FAR will love that.... As for you going a "weak unit" you should hear with the 11Meds think of you....
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

every unit has different weaknesses and strengths i'll be the first to say. theres a big division through the units bein immalgamated. i've said to the 6th not bein bitchy but i just said it was easy to see how differently things were run,,they took no offence when i gave my opinion..
      Cheers Bernard......

Comment

Amalgamation

Average Fridge Door,

I dont think it up to us to decide which units are stringer than others.

In relation to the 7FAR just have a look at the camp scandal thread.....

Its true every unit has strenghts and weaknesses. Most people dont look objectively because they are in one of the units or have had more dealings with a certain unit.

What do you class as a hard camp, how dificult a task is comes down to the individual in question.
        If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

i do agree with u joker it is not up to us to decide but everybody has their own thoughts and feelings about this re org
          Cheers Bernard......

Comment

The Re-org is rolling and if you don't like it leave.

Those who don't buy in have no place in the new RDF.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

would you stop trellheim!! nobody's gonna leave over a re org.. its just gonna be different thats all.. everyone knows that
              Cheers Bernard......

Comment

Originally posted by average fridge door like
                would you stop trellheim!! nobody's gonna leave over a re org.. its just gonna be different thats all.. everyone knows that
                And that's the problem. No-one's going to leave, and they're not going to be kicked out either. So you'll have the same people in charge and, by extension, the same problems.

Smash it up and start again. The DF need a new reserve force, from scratch, not the old one with a new name and a gloss over the same rot. If people are committed, they'll be happy to be trained from scratch and have it done right. If they're not committed enough to admit that they need this done for them and to them, fcuk them.
                Take these men and women for your example.
                Like them, remember that posterity can only
                be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                possession of those who have the
                courage to defend it.
                Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

one good thing is that training will be better an alot more efficient so they say.. i can't see anybody leaving at all..the reserves needs a new face.. not to be called "sandbags". maybe this re org will be extremely beneficial after all
                  Cheers Bernard......

Comment

one good thing is that training will be better an alot more efficient so they say
                    To repeat: so they've been saying since 1997. At least- that's just when I heard it first. I live in hope.
                    courage to defend it.
                    Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.

Comment

yeah things get fairly dragged out.. when will the reserves be going overseas?? wanna start happenin quick
                      Cheers Bernard......

Comment

when will the reserves be going overseas?
                        NEXT YEAR!!!

Have you not been paying attention?
                        courage to defend it.

Comment

i have been paying attention but whether it happens next yr or not is another thing
                          Cheers Bernard......

Comment

IMO, The re-org is turning into a Farce. The same old problems are being painted over but still exist. New names for everything but no real change. A wasted opportunity. I have yet to see any real tangible benefit of the re-org, in fact, the re-org is becoming the death knell of the RDF.

Comment

As I've said so many times

First off we need legislation for time of for training, then leave it at that for a few years.
                              Quality and quantity of training would improve dramatically and no pesky employers getting in the way.
                              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Working...
                              X