DF members area updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF members area updates

updated again yesterday with courses and mentoring. Still no 3a course lol cough
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

The mentoring program is the latest in a long strong of pet projects from officers.

Step by step:

1. Come up with an idea that hasn't been done before, or a variation of same.

2. Strongarm a few people into it.

3. Get the DCOS to throw in his support.

4. Launch it, publicize it and force it down people's necks. Do a half arsed job, conduct a review, implement a few changes.

5. Get it down on the annual appraisal

6. Sit interview, get promoted and abandon the whole thing to someone by way of a hospital pass so it can die on their watch.

Mission accomplished.

Mentoring is good in theory, makes sense. However this is just a mechanism for promotion. Just like the famous HOTO handbook a few years back. Hasn't seen the light of day since but fills a few minutes at interview.

Comment

Or the little red "Leadership" notebooks that a certain GoC South insisted that every NCO/Officer in the Bde carried at all times. Open for Inspection as required all because he was doing a masters in Leadership/Management. Of course that withered on the vine as well once he got sent overseas.Not before showing brilliant leadership himself by calling a Bks in his Bde a "Kip" in front of an audience from another Bks without realising there were people from the "Kip" in the audience.Oh and then denying he said it!
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Personally I am liking the switch away from gatekeeping of course availability. I must have a word and see if it can be formatted better for reading on a mobile
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          Personally I am liking the switch away from gatekeeping of course availability. I must have a word and see if it can be formatted better for reading on a mobile
          Gatekeeping?
          you mean advertising of courses?

Comment

Working...
          X