This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the re-org a good idea?

I would just like to see, who thinks the re-org is a good idea?

I know among personnel in the PDF the majority thinks its a waste of time.
    But among personnel in the RDF they are wetting themselves at the prospect.

I am going to post a poll to see what the story is.
    Yes
    54.69%
    No
    4.69%
    In theory yes in practice no.
    40.63%
    Last edited by muinteoir; 12 September 2005, 23:54.

check out the amalgamation thread everyone opinions are in that!!!
    Cheers Bernard......

Comment

Yes.
      If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

could you explain your argument and tell me what angle you are coming from.

Comment

ah give it time to fail before you diss it
          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

i'm not trying to diss anything. i would just like to hear from the pdf and rdf personnel on what they think of the re-org. but mostly i would like to hear from members of the pdf as the majority of the people on the discussing the re-org on the other threads are from the rdf.

Comment

Journo alert

Comment

I am RDF.

Its a good idea but in its current form the plan can't work. As I've said before how are you going to fill a battalion of 650 troops if the current battalion(s) making up the new battalion can only field a company at best. The major problems of recruitment and retention are still not being tackled and equipment and clothing is not being provided as it should be.

For the re-org to work there needs to be a major input of money on the part of the Department of Defence to replace 50-60 year old weapons and equipment (some of which is outright dangerous to use at this stage). Money also needs to be provided to pay members for their time, as per the British TA model. If that's not done I can't see the plan succeeding.

Also to make it work there needs to be a change of attitude of PDF members in dealing with RDF units. PDF cadre staff need to shaken up and have their performance monitored. Standards in general need to be monitored and enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by muinteoir
                  I would just like to see, who thinks the re-org is a good idea?

I know among personnel in the PDF the majority thinks its a waste of time.
                  But among personnel in the RDF they are wetting themselves at the prospect.

I am going to post a poll to see what the story is.
                  I'm PDF. Yes the re-org is a good idea because the RDF is under-utilised. The only drawback will be the pennypinchers in the civil service who will use this as an excuse to replace some of the PDF with RDF.
                  sigpic
                  Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                  My favourite moment was when the
                  Originally posted by hedgehog
                  red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

The re-org will be the best thing ever to happen the RDF but there are too many afraid of the change that is going to happen. This will effect greatly the way it is viewed by the RDF and PDF in the short. Long term the benefit will be seen

Comment

2 years too late

Comment

I'd have to say No main reason is financial. Any of the older members i.e. 25+ who have car loan morgage etc, etc. commitments in general, can't see them giving up there saturday/sunday work with overtime, to go and do a 24hr duty for a few euro. (can't remember what the Rate is) apart from Camp every thing else is done on the RDF personnel own pocket.

I think the question should be intergrated or Non intergrated? This is where the differance will show itself and will the the true measure of the re-org sucess or failure.
                        Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations. :wink:
                        - Marcus Aurelius-Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

Comment

Originally posted by gunmoney
                          I think the question should be intergrated or Non intergrated? This is where the differance will show itself and will the the true measure of the re-org sucess or failure.
                          If a reservist is incapable of being mobilised, trained up and deployed in a role identical to his regular counterpart within a short space of time, that reservist is a waste of resources.

Now. Hands up all the Rambos who think they're hard and well ready to go to Liberia?
                          Take these men and women for your example.
                          Like them, remember that posterity can only
                          be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                          possession of those who have the
                          courage to defend it.
                          Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                          If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

If the new RDF force is properly funded and trained and is utilised then yes its a great move by the goverment. FCA was wasting away all over the country.

Comment

How can you say Yes in theory but in practice No when the thing hasnt even started yet?
                              You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                              X