This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*RINGS PHONE*

"Hello this is Bam Bam I'd like to apply for the course Juliet one, sounds like fun and I'd like to give it a go."

-RESPONSE-

"Reserve"

-RESPONSE-

2 MINUTES LATER

"Stop laughing"

*HANGS UP*

-
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

there are exceptions. the arw selection course is strictly pdf. the rdf nco's and standards courses will still be seperate

Comment

Originally posted by muinteoir
        priority should be given to the pdf. sure like most rdf keep cribbing about, you have jobs as civi's how will you's get the time to complete a 3 week to a 6 month course.
        isnt priorty already given to pdf? not all rdf have civie jobs either
        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam
          Just wondering how would a PDF fit PT into a day is it when you're fininshed the days duties or can you go whenever you want.
          That depends on your CO or CS. In my barracks we can train in the afternoon as long as you aren't on barrack guard or something like that.
          sigpic
          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
          My favourite moment was when the
          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
            The reverse, no gratuity (I know its only a small amount but anyway) if you fail. But only when you are given help to achieve a basic standard of fitness.

After all, the PDF have an inital PT test before entry, RDF don't, PDF have an annual medical, RDF don't, PDF have access to a unit PTI, RDF don't, etc etc
            So level the playing field and test the RDF before they join. RDF are supposed to be medicalled before camp and at the end of camp, so that's twice a year. I haven't been medicalled since 2001 because there aren't enough doctors in the Army. And as for the PTI, why do you need one? The basic test is a max of 32 push ups, 32 sit ups and a two mile run in 15mins 30 secs. Hardly olympic standard so you don't need a personal trainer.
            Last edited by Groundhog; 16 September 2005, 22:38.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua
              I am not pdf but I still have an opinion.
              I would say "Get used to it and get over it."

It's integration not apartheid. 10% is a good start and I'm sure it will increase.
              Right on, so I say if some RDF head is competing with me for anything he'd better have a right good CV. Equality is a two-way street.
              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=muinteoir]
                Originally posted by Groundhog
                you are wrong there. there is a pt parade every day in the 5th bn. only senior nco's and old sweats do their own pt's
                I'm not in the 5th Bn, thank God. I speak from personal experience and in twenty years in the PDF I have never seen a PT parade organised outside of my recruit training, NCO and Standard course.
                sigpic

Comment

Joshua i think that is a very f****d up attitude.Put yourself in our shoes sometimes you have to wait years to get certain courses due to availability and operational commitments.NOW HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF FINALLY YOU WERE NEXT IN LINE FOR SAID COURSE AND SOME PARTIMER GOT IT BEFORE YOU JUST COS OF A POSITIVE DISCRIMINATION RULE!!!.i'LL TELL YOU .YOU WOULD BE MIGHTY PISSED.Especially if you were a post 94 soldier who relied on getting said course so he could stay in his chosen career.
                  never forget that no matter how dedicated a rdf guy it is still only his hobby,IT'S OUR LIVILYHOOD!!
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

And you don't think the RDF member was waiting much longer for the oppertunity to do the course.
                    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Yeah, but the part-timers' career doesnt rely on it.

Comment

Apod. Boo Hoo.

Comment

Who gives a monkeys. I have alway being astonished by those running course whose pygmy mindset is we only run the course for 5, 10, 12, 20 or some other number which is dependent on the number of teacups or beds or some other bloody domestic consideration.

If there is demand for X numbers on a course then run the course for that number, no buts or maybes no cushy running a course from 09.00 to 16.30 with breaks to beat the band. just do it.

You want to be a professional army then start acting like one , whether PDF or RDF BE THE BEST.
                          There are lots of people in uniform very few of them are soldiers.

Try this for size and see if it fits you whether PDF or RDF

Principles of war:-

1. No bad soldiers, only bad officers(commissioned and non commissioned).
                          2. Wooly orders get wooly results.(Defeats in other words).
                          3. That which is not inspected is not done.(So stay on your feet and see that it is done)
                          4. Obey and be obeyed without fail. under pain of death.
                          5. Fight, kill the enemy, survive.
                          6. March or Die.

Comment

Joshua thats the typical response of someone who has never been in that position.It's ignorant and shows a complete disregard for those who rely on their JOB to pay there mortgage,feed their kids etc.My point stands.As i said put Youself on the other side of the fence.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

i couldn't have said it better myself apod. we rely on getting places on courses to continue our chosen profession. as it has been said many a time by rdf personnel, you consider what you all do to be a hobby. allocating 10% of courses to the rdf is completely uncalled for. the day will come when a member of the pdf will be passed over for a course because it was given to an rdf member and that could cost them their job.

groundhog what unit are you in?

Comment

No it's not, what's completely uncalled for is as Gunnerwho said, the fact that there are so few places on these courses. RDF personnel need to do them as much as PDF so the solution is to increase the places for everyone not reduce the quota of places for RDF.
                                "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

Working...
                                X