No announcement yet.

Unit locations post-reorg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway 32Inf Bn, Support Coy centres are Tipperary Town, Hospital, Kilmallock and Newcastle West.
    As far as I know we lost Abbyfeale to the Kerry lads. I may be wrong on Abbyfeale and am open to correction.
    Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

That's probably because the buildings in Rathkeale are all on wheels and can be moved at short notice (in the middle of the night if neccessary).

Comment

Hi all
        Did I really see that in print!!?? Baggers in the Don! 62 RIB A Company.I thought a RIB was a boat or a bone. Will they be in blue or green? Someone tell Frank over on Irishairpics, quick! He'll transfer before the ink gets cold on the transfer order! i wonder will they do guard like the old lot used to do? Will it get chockfull of anoraks, all scratching serial numbers in their notebooks? That rustling sound you hear is a generation of oul sweats turning in their graves.
        regards
        GttC

Comment

You'll see how funny it is when some enthusaistic corporal decides to take a platoon of recruits marching accross the ramp...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-soldier
            That's probably because the buildings in Rathkeale are all on wheels and can be moved at short notice (in the middle of the night if neccessary).
            Bingo(hence cav platoon)
            Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
            Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
            do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Originally posted by happeninMyLv
              Bingo(hence cav platoon)
              Thats more logs(S&T) than Cav

Comment

Hey. It's not one of my sayings. Heard it from one of your officers. I would have thought transport myself.
                Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

34th inf btn

HQ coy - Douglas,cork city
                  A coy - Fermoy
                  B coy - (Unsure, maybe midleton????)
                  C coy - Skibbereen, with centres in skibbereen,clonakilty,bantry and castletownbere
                  Support Coy - Macroom, with centres in macroom,bandon,kinsale,dunmanway and ballincollig
                  Last edited by duck; 5 November 2005, 13:00.
                  if there is any doubt..., there is no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by duck
                    34th inf btn

HQ coy - Douglas,cork city
                    A coy - Fermoy
                    B coy - (Unsure, maybe midleton????)
                    C coy - Skibbereen, with centres in skibbereen,clonakilty,bantry and castletownbere
                    Support Coy - Macroom, with centres in macroom,bandon,kinsale,dunmanway and ballincollig
                    Perhaps you missed the initial post? Please only post that information which you can confirm to be true. ("maybe midleton" is insufficient)

Comment

54th field artillery regiment formerly 9th fd arty regt mullingar and 5th fd arty regt galway

no 1 gun battery - Gort, Co Galway
                      no 2 gun battery - tuam,Co Galway
                      no 3 gun battery -Columb barracks,mullingar,Co Westmeath
                      HQ battery - Columb barracks, mullingar,Co Westmeath
                      Regimental HQs - Columb barracks,mullingar,Co Westmeath

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbilko
                        54th field artillery regiment formerly 9th fd arty regt mullingar and 5th fd arty regt galway

no 1 gun battery - Gort, Co Galway
                        no 2 gun battery - tuam,Co Galway
                        no 3 gun battery -Columb barracks,mullingar,Co Westmeath
                        HQ battery - Columb barracks, mullingar,Co Westmeath
                        Regimental HQs - Columb barracks,mullingar,Co Westmeath
                        None based in Dún Uí Mhaolaíosa then? :confused:
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Thats a terrible pity, they had in the last few years the best gunparks of the whole Corps , the bees knees. Their admin block was really good too. They had in the PDF of the Cead Cath. a fine example of high professional standards, as well as that the place is soaked in history as it was the Depot of the Connaght Rangers another famous regiment . Its a pity really .
                          Last edited by Gunner Who?; 9 November 2005, 05:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
                            None based in Dún Uí Mhaolaíosa then? :confused:
                            No, the artillery battery that was based in dun ui mhaolaiosa in Galway has been dis banded and most of their ordanance has been [or will be ] sent to columb barracks in mullingar which is the only sole artillery barracks on the island north or south {being the home of both the 4th fd arty regt [pdf] and the 54th fd arty regt [rdf] .
                            By the way from what i have been told there will be a stand down parade for the former 9th fd arty regt on sunday 27th november at columb barracks mullingar.

Comment

34th inf btn HQ coy - Douglas,cork city A coy - Fermoy B coy - (Unsure, maybe midleton????) C coy - Skibbereen, with centres in skibbereen,clonakilty,bantry and castletownbere Support Coy - Macroom, with centres in macroom,bandon,kinsale,dunmanway and ballincollig
                              Douglas maybe down on paper for HQ coy but the de facto location is Collins barracks. Transport will be layed on from douglas with the centre itself being used as a depot.
                              I saw Elvis. He sat between me and bigfoot on the UFO.

Comment

Galway

Originally posted by Gasplug
                                I am moving to the westside in a few days and i am wondering what units operate out of renmore and what will be the story come the re-org.

Infantry need not reply as i have the whole story there.

thanks
                                MOD: Moved from Galway City thread

Comment

Working...
                                X