New Camo Speculation and Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camo Speculation and Ideas

A friend of mine, @micgear on Instagram, designed these two variations of IP-DPM for a laugh when I mentioned that Ireland is switching to a Multicam derivative. I personally love the DPM base shapes with Multicam colours one. Unique but still effective. Thought a few of you camo nerds here would enjoy. All other speculation welcome.

The one on the right look a bit tiger stripe like

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      The one on the right look a bit tiger stripe like
      ....I sort of like it!!
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

I have been impressed by the British MTP and how well it works in the field. On exercises and recently in the Ukraine it really does blend in well and my initial feeling thatit was to light coloured has been replaced by a better understanding of how it is working. It reminds me a bit of WW2 German tank camo, they started off with a blue grey colour but ended up with a base of dark yellow with some olive green and brown towards the end of the war.

As we want a uniform that can work in many different environments I would go more for the one on the left. Would be good to see the UKMTP and NZMTP next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
          Would be good to see the UKMTP and NZMTP next to it.
          Ask and ye shall receive,

NZMTP

UK MTP

@Zulu_00's mates light pattern

Comment

I do understand the point of a Irish specific camo pattern both for on island and off island reasons but cost benefit versus an Ireland flash on an existing in service MTP …

Comment

You won't always be wearing the flash?
              For now, everything hangs on the CoDF report, which is published, but after discussion with parties in government will probably commence being implemented in May or June.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                You won't always be wearing the flash?
                Sewn onto most of the outer (and in some cases inner) layers during manufacturing

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post

Sewn onto most of the outer (and in some cases inner) layers during manufacturing
                  Thought it had gone velcro?
                  For now, everything hangs on the CoDF report, which is published, but after discussion with parties in government will probably commence being implemented in May or June.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

Thought it had gone velcro?
                    Possibly has on the latest issue

but if you wanted we could just buy MTP kit with DFI or Irish DF on it and tricolour (both sewn on)

Comment

I'm christening his pattern IE-MTP (Irish MTP) just for the sake of this thread so people don't have to keep calling it "Zulu_00's mate's light pattern" ????

Comment

Originally posted by Zulu_00 View Post
                        "Zulu_00's mate's light pattern"
                        I thought it had a ring to it, but IE-MTP works too....I guess

Comment

Slightly tongue in cheek, slightly serious question, is there anyone I could send that camo pattern to for actual consideration? It's unique, it looks good and it's multicam compatible to still allow lads to buy their own kit

Comment

apod
                            Commander in Chief
                            apod now's your chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Zulu_00 View Post
                              Slightly tongue in cheek, slightly serious question, is there anyone I could send that camo pattern to for actual consideration? It's unique, it looks good and it's multicam compatible to still allow lads to buy their own kit
                              Depends on if your mate is going to charge a licensing fee, and of course if you are going to charge a finders fee for it!!

Seriously though, I believe that trails have been underway for some time on patterns already, and if an order is due later this year, I'd be guessing that the pattern would be 90% locked down at this point in time. It's likely quality checking the pattern and fabric now, and deciding on the uniform pattern per item stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X