It pays to do this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pays to do this...

this is directed at anyone in the PDF...

How do you find the wage ????-- rumour has it -the PDF dont get paid top dollar compared to a lot of jobs (cause it IS a job!) ...Do you feel the pinch when the bills come in after pay day or can you live very comfortably????

Another quick question---have any of you applied for a mortgage recently and if so how did you get on / is being in the army an asset or liability for this??

Originally posted by dezziec
    How do you find the wage ????--
    I don't, it appears in my bank account every Wednesday.

rumour has it -the PDF dont get paid top dollar compared to a lot of jobs (cause it IS a job!) ...Do you feel the pinch when the bills come in after pay day or can you live very comfortably????
    I live quite comfortably. And I enjoy my work.

Another quick question---have any of you applied for a mortgage recently and if so how did you get on / is being in the army an asset or liability for this??
    I got a mortgage this year without a bother and being in the Army was a definite asset as it's secure employment and pensionable.
    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

ok thanks-EVEN if you were smart about how you find the wage! :tri: --anyone else??

Comment

just a quick question as you just seemed to ask out of the blue, why do you want to know ???????

are you selling morgages or insurance or something.

Comment

Why will it "pay" to do "this"? Whatever "this" is?
          Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Realistically its not the wage its how you manage and adapt your life style to the income you have....

Army pay is a damn sight better than it was in the eighties..and rightly so....most guys had it hard enough and had to take out second employmnet just to survive..It may not be top dollar....but its a reasonable wage...
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by jpb
              just a quick question as you just seemed to ask out of the blue, why do you want to know ???????

are you selling morgages or insurance or something.
              There seems to be some sort of intelligence gathering op on the DF.
              sigpic
              Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
              red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
                I got a mortgage this year without a bother and being in the Army was a definite asset as it's secure employment and pensionable.
                I think I know where he's coming from with this one, Groundhog.
                I've heard of newer PDF personnel being refused mortgages due to the
                uncertain contract nature of PDF employment nowadays (e.g; initial
                5 yr contract now renewed unless promotion or course obtained - please
                tell me if I've missed any other scenarios), as distinct from the more
                permanent nature of the employment in the past...
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Exactly , truck! Im buying a house in the new year and was wondering whether the fact im enlisting would affect it--theres nothing sinister going on --youll just have to take my word!!

Comment

Its no more or less secure than any job these days.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

working in insurance, you might get "rated" if your duties involve daily work with explosives and stuff, also if you're going overseas.

But mortgage wise, you shouldn't really have a problem. Go to a broker, they'll get you what you want!

Comment

look at the new cotracts..most can't even get a credit card!
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Dezziec

Go down to AYlesbury road / shrewsbury road or similar, find a family with only one daughter and fairly old parents, no matter how much a dog she is, ask her out and eventually marry her,

When mummy and daddy pop there clogs, you have a grand old gaff in millionare row

You never have to worry about mortgages or stuff like that.

Now why didnt someone tell me that 19 years ago today
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                          X