Annual fitness test grades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual fitness test grades

Anyone know what grade 1 would be for 20 year olds in the fitness test?

Ask through your chain of command for this information is my advice
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by FTC55 View Post
      Why?

Comment

Originally posted by FTC55 View Post
        Induction fitness test is 2.5km in less than 11:30 for males and 13:30 for females. 20 push ups in one minute (modified push ups for females) and 20 sit ups in one minute.as per the video.

After you're in the door, a PTI should be able to advise you on the grades for your age range.

What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

You’d swear the chap was asking for a state secret,

17-29 grade 1’s:
          3.2km in 12:35
          54 push-ups in a minute
          41 sit ups in a minute
          10km loaded March in 1hr 3 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Hobo hunter View Post
            You’d swear the chap was asking for a state secret,

17-29 grade 1’s:
            3.2km in 12:35
            54 push-ups in a minute
            41 sit ups in a minute
            10km loaded March in 1hr 3 minutes
            Wow that’s a 6:18/mile pace (yank, apologies for “freedum units”).
            I’ve been killing myself getting to the sub 7 pace as a former salad dodger, unsure if the knees will take it anymore!
            Any idea what a 47 year old grade 1 is, or at that age is is it straight up knackers yard territory?

Comment

The details for this is contained in a restricted document. Anyone serving has access to it. Those not serving have no need to know. There is no option to become a recruit at 47.
              We've been over this before.
              Annual fitness test grades/age - IMO Discussion Board (irishmilitaryonline.com)
              Fitness Test - IMO Discussion Board (irishmilitaryonline.com)
              The recruit fitness test is not to be confused with the annual fitness test.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                The details for this is contained in a restricted document. Anyone serving has access to it. Those not serving have no need to know. There is no option to become a recruit at 47.
                Lol, yeah I’d hope not!
                I asked more out of metric curiosity, as in how would I measure up to age peers in service, most in the general population at my age are in pretty bad shape (as was I until a few years back)
                I think military folk would be a better Gaussian to compare to in a purely aspirational manner.

anyway, restricted info, got it, thanks for the links there was some good info there
                Last edited by harmoniums; 26 June 2022, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by harmoniums View Post
                  I asked more out of metric curiosity, as in how would I measure up to age peers in service, most in the general population at my age are in pretty bad shape
                  In fairness, a reasonable point made. I am similar vintage; ex PDF, still must keep up fitness particularly for work, and often wonder where I compare against where I would need to be if still in.

Also, annual fitness test grades were in open source an cosaintor once upon a time ago so a search might give a reasonable find. Probably not too dis-similar times to today but either way would give a fair benchmark to compare yourself to.
                  An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

they were posted here a long time back if you search
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                    X